Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Chatroom

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Chatroom

Post by Songman »

I have added a chatroom to the Eagle forum. It is up and running now but I haven't got the buttons added to the pages yet. So for the time being, if you want to give the chatroom a try, click the link below.

Eagle Chat

If you are logged into the forum, you should automatically be logged in to the Chat. If not, your forum name and password should log you in.

Let me know what you think.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Chatroom

Post by Dreamscape »

Good to hear we have a Chat Room now! Oh boy, more time on the puter! :lol:

Thanks Dale!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Still working the bugs out. Looks like you still have to log in. Just use your normal forum ID and password. Also, if you right click the link and select Open in new window, it doesn't take you away from the forum. All of this will be fixed soon. But at least it works for now.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Dale It's not that I did not want to talk, I don't know how. I am afraid I will not be very good at this.It will take me two hours to have a two minute conversation. My typing is terrible at best and to compuond that I can't spell. At Quartzsite you will have to show me how to operate the new toy.

I like that you added the chat room. Wayne
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I thought that might be it, Wayne. Every new toy should come with instructions! haha

When you log into the chat room, you will see the big screen that says you have entered. To the right of that is the list of rooms and who is in the room. At the bottom is the space where you type. Just type what you want to say and hit enter, or click the Send button.

There are three rooms available in the chat. You will automatically enter into General Eagle Chat. This is just for general chatting. If someone has an immediate problem and needs help, they can meet someone with answers in this room to discuss the problem realtime instead of waiting for an answer to appear in the forum. The third room is The Eagle's Nest. I put it in for Chapter business. I don't know if it will be useful or not. That is something that you officers and board members can decide. If not, I can remove it. I can add as many room as we feel are needed.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Cool talking to u dale I hope this takes off . Excellent idea
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Yea Wayne I have that problem also with typing and the spelling being in business for years didn't help me Sonja or my secretary wrote all the letters did the billing all I ever did was sign. So Dale about spelling and grammar check LOL good luck and I will be in the chat room once I figure it out it keeps telling me I need a plug in.

Clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

You might need to update java or something, Clifford. It should do it for you automatically if you need it. You can call me if you need help figuring it out.

Andy, it was cool talking to you too. Wayne was the first one in, but you were the first one I got to talk to.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

NEW DEVELOPMENT!

The CHAT button is now located at the top of the page to the right of the Silver Eagle logo. Clicking this button will open the chat room in a new window so you are not taken away from the forum.

Also, at the bottom of the main page you can see if anyone is in any of the chatrooms. That saves you the time of going in there to find that you are the only one there. Of course, someone has to be the first one in there! So if you have time, open the chatroom while you are surfing the forum. No telling who might drop in to say hello.

The bad news is that you still have to log in manually. Gotta get the database connected right for the automatic login. Getting closer though!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Van, sorry I missed you in the chat room yesterday. I left my name in there with intentions of coming back and forth and checking to see if anyone was in there but I layed down for a minute to watch a movie that was on and fell asleep! Another lazy Sunday!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN