Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Easy Polish for Aluminum Siding

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Easy Polish for Aluminum Siding

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Some of you have been asking about an easy way to spiff up our aluminum siding without too much elbow grease. I've discovered this product at Sams. When they opened up our local Sam's Club they were giving away free samples of this product...so I tried it on my Eagle and it works GREAT!!! It's cheap, too, only $5.87 for two 15 oz. cans. Apparently it is used in restaurants to clean and polish their stainless steel appliances. Now it will go to another good use...our Eagles. Here is their website: www.spraywayretail.com and it's made in the USA.

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Easy Polish for Aluminum Siding

Post by luvrbus »

Manny, I have been using a product called Noxon made for that use also and it works great on the wheels too a liquid not a spray cost 11 bucks try it some time makes my brass Eagle shine like new

Clifford
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Can't say I've tried Noxon but here's a link to get it online for under $6 for 12 oz.
http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/35- ... 45359.aspx

A friend of mine is supposed to email me the name of a product he swears by that is used on aircraft to shine them up real good. I'll post it if he does.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

As we all know, our siding is anoodized (if it is stock, as well as most replacement). As a result, there is a limit to what we can do with "polish".

We need to get it clean, but all the elbow grease in the world will not make it shine like polished stainless steel.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Harvester
Bus Model: 1990 Eagle Model 15

Post by Harvester »

Have any of you used jewelers rouge ?
We were in The Villages in Fla.doing a concert with Ivan Parker, he knows this guy that comes and Polishes wheels,$10.00 a wheel. He does the best job I have ever seen. I got him to polish ours and watched him, he uses a wheel and jewelers rouge only.He said he would do the whole bus and it would look as good as the wheels ????????
Harvester
1990 Eagle -Model 15
Connelly Springs, NC
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

If he removes the anodizing it will shine like stainless but that is one heck of a job. A friend of mine did one of the rear corners on his Eagle and it shines just like stainless. Some of you may have seen it at the Branson rally. Bill Gunther of Franklin TN.