Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Trailways Red...

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: Trailways Red...

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Darleen,Manny]

Mount Washington is just south of Louisville. Not too far from JC's end of town. The land lines took a pretty good hit up here. When the electric companies trim the trees (during the non stormy seasons) away from their lines which are on the tops of the poles they do not trim them low enough to protect the phone lines which are on the bottom of the poles. Unfortuneatly their "rights war" is bad for all of us. The numbers that came out yesterday was that during the storm there was 730,000 customers without power just here in Kentucky alone. And it still up there around 200,000 now. I am sure that number is a lot higher for the phone service customers. It was 0 degrees here last night but its supposed to be in the 50s all weekend and that will help the clean up crews a lot.

I am sure JC (Eagle) will chime in here and give you a better account of how bad it is in his neck of the woods.

Louisville local news is WAVE 3 so you could google it and check out the conditions up there.

Keep trying and you will eventually get through.

............Kentucky Steve ................
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

Manny Mount Washington is not far from me. If you don't get in touch with Jim Sharp in the next few days I will drive out there and try to find the Body shop.

If you get in touch with him ask about Lou's wife. I am pretty sure she is still around.

JC
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Hey Guys, thanks so much for your reply. (This is Darlene) Just got off the phone with Manny and he asked me if I had gotten through yet. From the way you describe it, don't think we're going to get through any time soon. We feel so badly for all of you affected by this weather. How is cell phone communication holding up? When we got hit with all those hurricanes a few years back (Charlie, Frances, and Jeanne) we didn't have much use of our cell phones OR land lines. As a society, we've become so dependent on those things, it's almost crippling when you don't have them. How are things going KY Steve with your damage? I know you had roof damage to your house, are you managing ok until you can get that fixed? What about heat, and electric? I don't think most of us realize how badly some of you have it. Please forgive our silly inquiries about our bus, in light of what you are all going through...

Please stay safe out there.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Well, it's Monday morning and I still can't get through. Just keeping everyone posted. I sure hope when we do get through, Jim will have some info for us.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

Took a drive to Mount Washington today and Harding Drive is a residential area no body shop.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Hmmmm, so sorry Eagle. That was so nice of you. I was given that number from Marshall Smith and told it was to his body shop. When I did a reverse trace on that number it brought up that address. I even verified the number again with Mr. Smith to make sure it was the right number.

I sure wish I could get through on the phones. Can't believe they are still down. Manny & I sure appreciate your help. I'll keep trying every day, until I get through. I hope Jim Sharp has some answers for us when we finally reach him.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Manny/Darleen,
During the first ice storm we had here in 2003 my parents just happened to be in Fl visiting my brother and his family. When we told them what was what here they decided to make a week trip stretch out to a month long visit. It may be that something like this is going on with the Sharp's.
Hang in there, its still a mess here. I still have a tree growing outta my roof as all the bucket trucks that are available are in the western part of the state now. I heard that Kentucky Utilities had over 1,400 utility poles broken in half during this storm. That is a staggering number to me. Of coarse the trees took out countless numbers of power lines. It got pretty bad here but west of interstate 65 is the worst. I have no dout that it will be a couple of weeks yet till all services are back up and operating at speed.
Keep calling and eventually you will get through.

................Kentucky Steve..............
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Just an update.....
We are still trying to reach Mr. Sharp by phone, but no luck. Lines must still be down. Feel like we are SO close yet SO far away...

We've been busy with other work-related things, so I guess that's a good thing.
Beginning to wonder though, if we'll ever find that original VIN.

Hope all of you are well out there!

Darlene
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

UGH! :x
I just tried AGAIN to get through to Mr. Sharp. My heart sank because the number rang more times than usual before I heard that stupid recording telling me the call did not go through. It's been WEEKS now. I'm so afraid when I finally get through, he's not going to have any information at all. Then, where do we go from here. It seems we're hitting all brick walls. Our poor Eagle... :(

Darlene
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

We STILL can't get through on the phone lines. Can't hardly believe I've been trying for weeks now.

How are things shaping up Ky Steve? Have you been able to get your roof fixed yet? What about the Eagle and the RV? Give us an update.

Darlene
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851