Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Trailways Red...

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: Trailways Red...

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Darlene,

For us, nothing has changed. We still have a tree growing outta the roof of the bus and outta the roof of the house. We were excited that our number had come up for the tree men to come cut down the tree off of the roof and bus and take out the other half that is lurking over the center of the bus two weeks ago. Unfortunetly the guy had hydrolic problems with their bucket truck and couldn't come then. They say they will be here tommorro but I ain't holding my breath. Weatherman says thunderstorms and rain rest of the week then measurable snow this weekend so who knows.

Argggg where's spring.

Keep trying the phone and eventually you will reach someone. We haven't forgotten you we have just been preoccupied lately.

..............Kentucky Steve...........
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Ahhh, thanks for the reply KY Steve. I cannot believe you still have a tree growing out of your house and bus! I remember you saying that your # had come up and the bucket truck was coming your way. It reminded me of that movie "The Money Pit" where Tom Hanks was trying to renovate a house...the contractor showed up one morning and said, "your # came up in a drawing this morning and we work today" :lol: I know this is really NOT funny. How are you guys coping? If your wife is like me, she's probably a wreck by now, poor thing! I'm so sorry for you guys.Maybe those thunderstorms can hold off long enough tomorrow, for them to work on your house. Manny & I will pray so, anyway. Keep us posted.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

HOT LEAD (Maybe)???

Manny has been trying to finish the installation of the cruise control on our bus. He got into the dash to do something with the speedometer, and noticed a sticker on the speedometer. We know the speedometer had been replaced when they converted the bus, most likely when they put the newer dash in. The mileage has been consistent on all our paper work and everything we have traced.

This is what is on the sticker:

DIXSON, INC. F1 (This # is stamped not printed)
GRAND JUCTION, CO USA 28 (This # is stamped not printed)
SPEEDO ODO
MODEL 580S2-46767
12 VOLT 30 HZ.
EAGLE INTERNATIONAL
PN 05 1016 509
(then these #s are stamped) 8851

Could the 8851 be our VIN???
If so, it was 1972 registered to a Queen City Coach Co.
Hope someone out there can help us???

Darlene (Manny is trying to finish up before dark)
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Well, since you all seem to be stumped by our latest dicovery, we found out alittle more today...

My wife called Norris at Jefferson Bus today, he use to work on Eagles at the plant in Brownsville. She read that sticker to him. He could not say for sure if that might be our VIN, but he said if that WAS our vin, it was 1972 Bus, Fleet # 35561 from Queen City Coach out of Charlotte. He also gave us another clue that he was sure of. He said if in fact it was a '72, the front and boggy axles would have 4" brake pads and the drive axle would have 7" pads. I measured them today when I got home and that's exactly what they measure. If any of you know Norris, you know that he knows his stuff. He has alot of records that he's kept from the factory, too, but weeding through them all is another story. He knew Louis Sharp from phone calls when Mr. Sharp would order parts. Unfortunately, it was not a policy to document vin #s on the orders.

So here we are, still waiting with our Identity Crisis, LOL. (Oh Brother) :roll:
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Re: Trailways Red...EUREKA

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Well, it looks as if that stamped # is most likely our original vin #. We got a confirmation from another Eagle owner, that the stamped # on their speedometer MATCHES the # on their bus frame. This is indeed a eureka :!: moment for us, we almoss can't believe it. We've been on this detective journey on and off for over 2 years. We've called the NC DMV this morning to see if they can give us any info on that original vin, but it's been so long, we don't really expect them to still have records on it. We also have someone still doing some ground work in KY for us. You guys have all been so great to follow this journey with us. Thank you. We'll keep you posted if anything else develops, but for now, we are happy campers :D
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Just got our pc back into operation so now we can post a picture of the sticker that was on our Speedometer. The number we think is our VIN is stamped in the lower right section...what do you think Guys? (Tell us something good).

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851