Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Trailways Red...

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Re: Trailways Red...

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Manny has hit the road (not in the bus, but the locksmith van). I work here in our home/office so I am able to keep up with your detective work guys...

Well, this possible contact with the gentleman who worked at Hercules sounds promising indeed. Thank you Eagle.

Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe KY Steve, and the rest of you in that bad weather. It has been in the 50's and 60's here in FL and I am freezing! I would never survive up north, LOL. Well, unless I could stay in our cozy, warm Eagle Bus. :)
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Hmm, maybe so. We have the oak cabinetry, but they changed out the couch and chairs to really nice leather in 2004 (prior to our buying it). I wonder if they did oak in several of their conversions or just a few??? I will give this guy a call.Thanks again Eagle.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Manny, the 24.5 was the standard for most Eagles but you could have 22.5 I have 12rx22.5 on mine but I change from 24.5 to 22.5

Clifford
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Called Marshall Smith (another very nice man). Gave me a few more leads. We may be getting somewhere. Can't get through to one of his leads in KY though, the phone lines must be out. It's funny how all these people remember our bus (mostly by it's interior). He said Mr. Stinnett had our bus a L O N G time, LOL. I told him how long we've been trying to solve this mystery. I can't wait to tell Manny about these new leads. We'll keep you posted.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

We use to kid Stinnett that he would have to use the Eagle for his casket but they would sell it and then repo it and sell it again. Who was the leads here in KY that Marshall gave you? I may know them.

Keep us informed as this has got my investigating powers working.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Darleen,
That coach you have the appraisal on. Did it get a new vin number assinged to it or is it just the original number. I am trying to find a coach that someone has from Hercules that they know the old number as well as the new vin (hoping to find one anyway). Then we could do some comparisons on the numbers.

Enjoy that 50 and 60 degree weather down there. It is 22 degrees here now and snowing. We have 3 inches of new snow this morning and its still coming. I think 35 degrees would make me do the dance right now. :D

Just hanging out.................Kentucky Steve...................

Come on by JC anytime your in our neck of the woods .....Good to here you have juice again.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Finally got in touch with Manny so I filled him in...

The lead from Mr. Smith was for Jim Sharp, the brother of the late Louis Sharp that owned Hercules. This is a big lead indeed if he kept any of his brother's records from Hercules. KY Steve, please control that weather over there so the phone lines will clear up and I can place this call, LOL. I'm pretty sure it was this brother I tried to make contact with a year ago. Mr. Stinnett had given me a phone # for him, but I only got as far as his wife and she said they had no records. She never would let us talk to her husband. The phone # I got today is for some body shop (where he works, or maybe he owns it - not sure). I wasn't given the name of the shop just told I should be able to reach Jim there.

About that other Eagle, the one with the VIN # 8735, if it was assigned another VIN it is not on the documents that we have. Sorry.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

I believe that Louis Sharps wife is still living. May be Jim can give you her number.

JCB
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Been trying to get through to J. Sharp again today, but no luck. Lines must still be down. We're trying to not get our hopes up too high (thinking he might have some answers for us). Sure feel badly for all of you in KY affected by this weather. Hope things start to thaw out soon...
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

I still can't get through to KY. What are they saying about when the phones will be up again? Found out Jim's shop is on Harding Drive in Mount Washington. Does anyone know where that's at?
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851