Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Trailways Red...

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: Trailways Red...

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Sounds like a pretitle like for new cars? I wonder if that's maybe the paperwork they sent to Carolina to title to the new owner. I have a friend that lives in Louisville and you came up in a conversation Manny, about the Hercules conversion place that is. He remembers going by there to work everyday and seeing all the buses they had sitting outside. I bet he even seen your bus there. Smaller world than we realize. ;) I have a big day Friday and I am not sure I can get away but will see. I know for sure I will be in Frankfort Monday afternoon though. They have a lot of electric out over there too so hang in there. I am pretty good at digging in the archives over there myself too though.

..........Kentucky Steve ..............
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Yes, Clifford, that's right...it is a certificate issued to manufacturers.

Boy KY Steve, that sure is something about your friend that use to pass by Hercules and saw the buses. I'll bet you are right, and that he saw our bus. Don't worry about trying to get out there tomorrow...whenever you are able to will be just fine, and I appreciate it.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Manny do you by chance know the name of the first person the bus was titled under the new title number issued in the carolina's? Just wondering how far back you have gotten as of now.

...........Kentucky Steve..........
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Yes, the furthest back our records go is titled for a Tom Stinnett in NC. He owns an rv dealership in Indiana.

Surprisingly, we received a call today from someone doing some more checking at the NC DMV. They said they found a title that traces back to Indiana from Apr. '90 and they told us to call there. NC believes that that is where the change might have been made. So we called Indiana, but the lady was NOT willing to share ANY info over the phone. She told my wife we must download one of their request forms for title history search and send it in with $8 and then wait 2-6 weeks for the results. She was a very helpful sort of person (NOT). Even so, this added another piece to the puzzle, so we'll send in the form and wait...
Last edited by buscrazyinFL on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

This is Mrs. buscrazyinFL...

Tried Indiana one more time this morning, got a different person who was kind enough to put me through to the records dept. They said the title prior to the one they have on file from 05/03/90 was issued in UTAH. Called Utah DMV, they tried to bring it up from our current VIN #, but nothing! They said their records only go back to 1995. Where do we go from here??? Sure hope you are able to find something KY Steve. :(
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Manny, I have some bad news for you. I'd rather tell you over the phone.

Steve at 859-797-9119
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Oh no. :cry: I'll have him call you asap. Thanks. Ky Steve
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

Manny I would call Tom Stinnett and check with him or his sales manager Paul Cunningham. I remember they had a Eagle Bus there back in the late 80's and 90's that they sold many times and repoed it so many times and resold it and I know that they re titled it at least once. We used to kid Tom Stinnett about having to bury him in that Eagle. If it is the same one it used to have an 8v71 in it with a stick shift and some one that they sold it to redid it and put an Allison auto tranny in it. Don't know if they change the engine or not but I bet Paul can give you a lot of info.

800-583-5685
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

(This is the Mrs. again --- Manny is out working so we can eat and put more gas in the bus :lol: )

For those of you wondering about the bad news, it is just this:
The KY DMV made the decision four years ago to destroy all records older than 15 years...they just couldn't keep all those records. So whatever they might have had on our bus, they have no longer; and we are finding similar comments from the other DMVs we've contacted.

So, it does not appear we will be finding out any more history from a DMV anywhere in the US...

Back to you now Clifford. Have you found anything else in those boxes of records you have? We're counting on you!

About calling Mr. Stinnett again, we did that this past Thursday. I get the impression he hopes we solve this mystery SOON. He says he's told us all he knows. Interestingly enough, the first time we spoke with him, he did mention he had our bus a LONG time. Wonder if it's the same one you are talking about? He did not suggest we speak with Paul, though. Do you think Paul might know more than Mr. S?
Last edited by buscrazyinFL on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Just got off the phone with Mr. Cunningham...VERY nice gentleman. Remembers our bus pretty well (by it's oak interior). Said he will go through some files and see what he comes up with. Thanks for the lead.

Darlene
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851