Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Oh Boy, Fulltiming, Here We Go!

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Oh Boy, Fulltiming, Here We Go!

Post by Dreamscape »

Circumstances have caused us to start fulltiming in our Eagle, probably March or April.

So we are busy getting the bus prepared to live in when the time arrives. It won't be finished, but we will have a kitchen and all the necessary functions working.

At least we can take our house with us when we go to TBR this year! :)

This should be interesting! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Oh Boy, Fulltiming, Here We Go!

Post by Songman »

Isn't it great to have a backup! Now you can test it out to see if it is something you want to give a go down the road!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Sound's like a dream come true. Congradulations buddy. Make sure you write us all of your travels. ;)
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Paul hope all is well,that's a big step to take for you and Becky and hope all works out .and where is this full timin' gonna take place?Cheryl and I fulltimed for 3 and a half years when we got hitched ,we became better off cause of it(I think).As always any thing we can do ,you let us know(OK!) :) . We hope these circumstances were of a good nature .Van&Cheryl
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

Good luck Paul!
Frankie and I full timed for 8 years. Wouldn't trade it for anything. May do it again. We'll see.
Just remember when you are full timing, you have nothing but time. Take time to see things instead of burning diesel. We burned a lot of it before we learned that.
The worst thing was we had no place to perform maintenance. That problem is now solved.
One thing you will find out is exactly how much you like each other. We did fine. We have been married over 40 years. the coach does get small occassionally though.
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Whoa , Buddy been there done that, You got place here in Montana if you need it. You will have a great time. Good Luck and God's Blessing
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Thanks for the warnings guys! :lol:

We will be fulltiming here in Abilene for a while, not much traveling yet. We will have a chance to get our ducks in a row before we take to the open road in a year or so. At least we will be able to see what works and what doesn't. ;) That will also allow us time to get to know each of us better! 8-)

I am looking forward to this, as it has been a dream of mine for a long time. Becky is excited about this new chapter in our life. She has been looking over all the bus magazines I have collected over the years, so that's a good sign. ;) (I think anyway). ;)

Becky will be working out of the bus doing medical transcriptions, so that's why I'm trying to get her computer desk figured out along with everything else to make her comfortable. Once she is set up we can go mobile.

There is still lots of things to work out, but that's half the fun!

Wow, what a journey we are on!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/