Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Fuel on the way to the Rally

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Fuel on the way to the Rally

Post by beltguy »

For those of you coming in from the east on I 10, You will want to take the Gila Bend cut off (I 8 to Gila Bend then north - avoids the terrible Phoenix traffic).

In any case, there is a Shell station at the Gila Bend exit that was selling diesel at $1.99 on 12/29. They do not charge extra for using your credit card!!!!

To get that price, you need to use the RV pumps on the south side of the store. Small filler hose, but it is worth it. Also, nice folks working there.

Recall that the prices shown in AZ are for commercial trucks. If you pull into the truck lanes, you will be paying more (because of the road tax?). You have to use the RV lanes to get avoid paying more than necessary.

Avoid the Flying J at the Casa Grande exit, as it always seem to be zoo with long waiting lines for the RV pump.

See you at the Eagle Rally in a couple of weeks!!!

Happy New Year wishes to all!!!

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Re: Fuel on the way to the Rally

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Happy New Year to you!!! Do you think I may be able to squeeze into the rv lane. I tried it once and got called in on :D!!! I showed them my egg and they let me go since I didn't have a trailer. I know I cant do that legally but I COULDN'T resist :lol:
--
BILL
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Fuel on the way to the Rally

Post by beltguy »

Hi Bill. Getting your big truck in to those pumps at Gila Bend would be no problem. Taliking to the DOT forks might be a bit entertaining :D

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.