Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Welcome muddog!

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Welcome muddog!

Post by Songman »

Most of you have probably already seen Pat's Prevost project. I know that I have been watching it and been in awe for a couple of years now. I am glad to add his experience to our wealth of knowledgeable bus nuts here.

You can see Pat's progress here: http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/

Welcome Pat!

Who's got that plastic Eagle to hang on the front of his bus? :lol:
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Welcome muddog!

Post by rusty »

Welcome to our site Pat. That is some fine work you are doing to the Prevost. Dale is correct if you come to an Eagle rally with your bus you will have to wear the plastic Eagle. I have not known it to stain another bus but they tell me they run better after the experience :lol: .

Welcome aboard Wayne
muddog16
FMCA #: 387911
Bus Model: 1982 Prevost LeMirage

Post by muddog16 »

Thanks! I know I'm not an Eagle owner, but I will probably always think that Eagles were probably the best looking buses of all time, I enjoy buses period!

Watching Ky Steve and Gary L's work has been amazing.......I know for one that if I could change a couple of things in the beginning..............like making the winning bid on a Eagle for one...LOL.......teasing here! I would have built a garage before I started my project! The time I've spent trying to keep it dry, warm and from rusting quicker than I could replace stuff has been a pain in the butt! I stumbled onto Rusty's site a couple of days ago.......reading your posts, Wayne or Rusty which ever you prefer, I'm impressed! You definately give the impression that you know what you are doing! When I got to the engine cradle and I assume that is correct.....I never thought about the actual size or dimensions of some of the material you have used.......! I actually built my rear engine mounts, I pulled a 8V71 out and I'm using a 8V92....now I find myself wondering if I've used heavy enough material?.......the front mounts are the same and are OEM mounts. Then looking at your exhaust and intake lines i was even more impressed.......many don't realize how much thought goes into building this stuff......like making room to remove the valve covers for maintenance. Then I got to the photo of the tag axle.......I'm just not thinking "big" enough.............lol....that will be one nice bus when you are finished! It seems that the people really working on making their buses better are here........that's why I asked to join............i enjoy the other boards and people as well..........but I see there is much to learn over here also.......thanks again for letting this.......generic brand owner join.

Pat

PS here this is my disclaimer........the two best looking buses are the late model Prevost XL and the Eagle................and those are my opinions.....I know everyone is different in their tastes.........!
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Pat. Our hopes in setting up this site was to have a place where we all can learn from one another. There is much to learn from owners of other types of buses and they are welcome. We also let it be known that all opinions will be respected. Looking at your work it shows you are proud of you bus and it will be a beautifull bus when finished. The one problem with these projects is the time it takes. There were times when I was working on my 05 that I ask myself if I was going to finish. It is different with my 15 because of sites like this one it helps to keep you focused by knowing there are others out there going thru the same thing.

Keep up the good work Wayne
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

muddog16 wrote:the two best looking buses are the late model Prevost XL and the Eagle...
My sentiments exactly, Pat. Throw in an MCI DL3 and we have the trifecta for me.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Pat,

Buddy it sure is good to know your here. I'm still hammering along on the ole girl. I too keep watching your blog for updates and enjoy watching your progress. I agree that the wealth of knowledge here in this site is unmatched. Here we can mention the word rust (which as we all know, all metal objects do rust) and not get hammered with negativity, by the shear suggestion of repairing one of these rusty old birds. You will learn quickly here that the advise you get here is nothing but top shelf quality. As you have stated, Wayne's bus is a prime example of the technical quality we all strive to achieve in our projects. There's also lots of other examples in the project section here on the site. I have to admit they are all quality projects and each and every one of them have a different view to look at and see how things mesh well together.

So welcome aboard buddy. Pull up a stool and well pour you a drink and kick back and pass the stories around both ways....... :lol: :lol:

I feel like my circle of friends is connected again!!!! ;)

................Kentucky Steve .......................
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Pat,

Welcome to our nest of Eagles! Glad to have you aboard! It doesn't matter what brand you own, they're all lots of work. And you're doing won heck of a job on your Prevost. Between you, Rusty, Steve and Gary it should be fun to see who wins the race to the finish. ;) All of you are doing quality work!

What a fun hobbie we have, not only seeing eye candy, but making long lasting friends.

It's also nice to have so many members that respect what we are all trying to accomplish, not much to moderate! :D

Take Care and Happy Trails,

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/