Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Welcome Ericbsc!

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Welcome Ericbsc!

Post by Dreamscape »

Welcome Eric,

Glad to see you finally made it to the best Forum for Eagles on the net!

Hope you are able to finish putting yours back together and will be able to fly your Eagle soon.

Please take the time to start your very own Project Eagle thread. We would like to follow along in your journey. ;)

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Re: Welcome Ericbsc!

Post by ericbsc »

Thanks paul. I'm just trying to keep my nose to the stone to keep from loosing intrest!! http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/alb ... and-garden
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Eric,
Great looking job on bus, But would you expect from cabinet makers such as you and that darn ole buddy of mine Kentucky Steve. I can't wait to see your bus again soon. Don't forget, we would all love to see you at the April, Southeast busnuts rally at Palmetto Campground in SC. No excuses now, be sure to follow up Tommy Hamrick to get him there also. Your gonna meet a lot of great busnuts there. Steve is gonna try to be there at Palmetto Campground also, the more the better.
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

This looks very familiar to me! :lol:

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Good to see you here Eric,

I haven't talked with you in a while now. I must say the bus is coming along nicely. Looking great too. I love the cabinet layout you have mocked up in cardboard.

I saw your post over on the MAK board about the tile and since I don't post there any more I will say here. I too have thought about lowering the floor in my shower area. I have fought with myself over it about a year now. The problem I see is that I won't be able to get the fuel tank out if I lower the floor of the shower below the bottom of the floor joist. I will be installing brand new fuel tanks, but with the way my luck goes, I will get the new one with a leak. I just can't talk myself into taking the chance. If your willing to chance it, you will have a one of a kind shower for sure. My alternative way, which is the way I will be going, is to fold up a pan out of 1/4 inch thick stainless for the floor of the shower and weld it in level with the bottom of the floor joist and build up from there. I will still get a couple of inches of step down which will help keep the water in the shower, no mater how out'a level the coach is. I figure by the time I get ours done I will be so old I wont have the ability to lift my feet over anything.... :lol: :lol:

Keep posting new pics as you go. I have been checking in on you often and will look forward to new post here.

Yes I will be at the rally in SC as Gary mentioned and hope to see you there to meet you in person. I do hereby promise Gary that Deb and I will be there.... :D
ericbsc

Post by ericbsc »

I have measured and I think that I can lower the floor app4-5" and still remove the tank if needed. I hope to have it done enough to cone to Palmetto cove. I have been wiring for about two months. I ripped the old front & rear panel out. I have reused most of the old wiring harness. As of today I have a complete working dash, alternator and all lights. I still have to backtrack to reskin after the foam guy got the sides to hot and warped them. I have one side ready with all holes drilled. I went back with 12' t6061. I lapp milled all joints on our flat bed cnc so they will not stand out. Want to avoid the vertical rivets but I think it will look fine after paint. Hows the cabinet buisness up there. We manufacture cabinet doors and are busy right now. I have noticed that some areas are way down in orders!!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Eric,

Since 95% of our jobs were new construction, well, were down 95%. So far were keeping the lights on but that's about it. I've finally come to terms with it and just dove into the bus head first to get my mind off the economy. Working on slide out number two now. After that there will be two more to go till I get to the "fun" stuff like your doing now. I am looking forward to being able to put something into the bus that's not made of steel..... :lol:

Come to the Cove and take a break with all us nuts. We will be in our old 1976 stick and staples but will enjoy others buses the same. Hope to see you there.

.................Kentucky Steve ................
ericbsc

Post by ericbsc »

I had thought about a slideout after I had to reskinn the sides. I know it gives you alot more room. I just didn't think I could stomach the slicing and dicing required all over again!!! I took a little welding class in high school and the teacher told me I had better look for something other than welding to make a living???? My neighbor is a welder and convinced me to buy a nice miller mig when I bought the bus. One of my smarter moves!!!! According to him I acually have gotten pretty good at it. Sure beats the stick welder in high school. What kind of hardware are you going to use on the slide? Like you I am about tired of the metal work. Take that out and I would probably have the bus done by now!!! I need to get back on the reskin but this wiring is different and fun for now!!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05