Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

8" OF SNOW IN VEGAS,WOW

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
van
Club Member
Club Member

8" OF SNOW IN VEGAS,WOW

Post by van »

8 inches of snow in sin citytonight and still coming down hard! :shock: :D :lol: 8-)
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: 8" OF SNOW IN VEGAS,WOW

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Van, how's about some pics buddy. I bet thats a site to see :o
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Dang global warming is gonna kill us all! :lol:
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

the funniest thing ,I'm just spent 6 hours driving in it .Normally takes 25 min from the strip to boulder city ,and here it took me 6 hours LOL :lol: this is comical,I moved out here to get away from this crap.Although watching people out here navigate through the snow at the usual speed of 100 mph ,which leads to the delay,there were trucks spinning their wheels stranded all over the city mass amounts of motorists stuck in snow banks,Oh and the occasional A-hole who thinks he's got things pretty figured out ,shooting up the shoulder only to run off the road into the back of a troopers brand new 4x4 unit (no one injured by the way)funny as hell and ya realllyyyyyy should of been there.I've been driving in the snow along time,heck my first stroller ride as a baby was in the snow,and I still never get use to it ,but to watch novices take a whirl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

slip sliding away
frosty
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Van, It's fun watching people deal with snow when they are not use to it. We where coming home from Quartzsite two years ago and it snowed two inches in Tucson. It shut down the town. It was funny watching people touch snow it was as if they where touching dog #$^@. I will say it was pretty seeing snow on the Palm and Lemmon trees. Two inches around here is not worth mentioning.

Merry Christmas Wayne
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hey this really ain't to bad ,major blizzard last night 8" of snow city shut down and now it's all gone below 3000 feet and I didn't have to even shovel any thing .I think the snow enents here are brutal but short(at least 1 in every ten years ain't bad :lol: :lol: 8-)
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Van, my buddy you watch the forecast for Mohave If we get a hard freeze you know your bus doesn't have antifreeze and I am not there to cover your ass.Call me on my cell I have one I am smart enough to answer now only cost me 19 bucks PS if you go over take some boxes and get a load of the pomegranets I have a bus a jeep full and they will go bad before we get back.

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks clifford,just checked my WeatherTap site ,forcast (3 day) calls for the over night lows to reach mid to upper thirtys.I will go down to your place either sat or sunday .I still have x-mas shopping to do before we leave for new york city tues night(oh boy)LOL :lol: .guess I will dump the water and refill with the appropriate cooling beverage.Still kinda curious about bleeding air from cooling system :? ,I'll start a new thread for that question :) 8-)
cody
FMCA #: 256017
Bus Model: 1981 eagle model 10

Post by cody »

Here in northern michigan, we don't need to worry much about snow, it's a fact of life lol, we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of getting ready for winter. Here a phot of what we deal with in a winter, this is our famous snow thermometer, it show toursits what 300 to 400 inches of snow a winter looks like, even has a park bench for a reference point lol, tell me again why I'm not in florida this winter? lol Image
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

cody,Whaz up :D ,first of all once again let me say how nice it is to have you here on the board.Secondly it's amusing how reversed the situation is out here in vegas 9 months of steller weather (fall,winter ,spring) and 3 months of miserable heat and yes the joke is true (but it's a dry heat :lol: ),Very wierd hibernating in the summer.I love being able to ride my harley almost year round and come summer ,see ya .

I am a north eastern boy from N.Y.C (git-a-rope :lol: )and snow is no biggie to me ,so in that respect I miss the great white north.being stuck in a blizzard out here in vegas was totally unsuspected and kind a fun at the same time.I know you fellas must think I am kinda strange and this should confirm it ,what I failed to mention in the first post of this thread was I was on my harley in that mess the other night.

That 6 hour trip home(normally 25 minutes)in the blizzard the other night probably would have turned into a ten hour tour in the pick up.thank god for rumble strips on the side of the free way,which is what I used to maintain tracksion.Cody the only place out this way that has snow markers like yours that I have seen are up on the passes leading into the north shore of tahoe,pretty cool.Stay warm up there Cody,souds like you are there for the duration.Good luck ;)