Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Hydrogen Fuel

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Hydrogen Fuel

Post by luvrbus »

It's a little slow here any of you guys want to talk about Hygrogen fuel LOL

Clifford
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Hydrogen Fuel

Post by Dreamscape »

Maybe we could get Cody to, he seems to have some experience. But then again we would have to have Jim set up some fire extenquishers! :lol:

I have asked Cody to come join us several times and have never heard back, oh well, he's missing out on all the Eagle action! 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I myself am not convinced that hydrogen is gonna make my climb over these mountain ranges with any amount of authority better than a regular big bang engine will.This technology might become benificial in the future applied to smaller(way smaller) vehicles,and certainly vehicles that do not travel the highways such as local delivery trucks,busses etc,but you never know what the futer has in store .I have read all the posts from the arm chair engineers about how hydrogen could or couldn't work,and still when we go to pull out our busses for a trip turn the key and BANG the engine be it a DD,Cumm,Cat etc roars to life we always take pleasure in knowing how powerfull all those moving parts can be.

Don't get me wrong ,all this technology is a wonderful thing for me the consumer,and if still alive would probably jump on board with it but until then it's the ol gimme the power of the diesel engine in a package that I can maintain my self.I think if hydrogen power plants replace the norm(diesel engines)We'd all need one of those degree's just to maintain it :(
cody
FMCA #: 256017
Bus Model: 1981 eagle model 10

Post by cody »

I've been trying to stay clear of the hydrogen posts because they are so emotional, after dealing with engineers and other mad scientists for the last 20 years or so on this issue and enjoying the rides and driving hydrogen on demand cars as well as fuel cell cars I can attest to the fact that they do in fact work, true, more needs to be done to make them commercially viable but the initial ground work is long past the beginning stage.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Cody, FWIW it is a big deal in the Phoenix area I saw 2 mini vans belonging to Arizona Power that ran on Hydrogen, but it wasn't made on board the vans.I know nothing about the Hydrogen systems myself but I did see these vans. Good Luck and welcome to the Eagles Board and post some of your work here for the guys starting their conversions in the project Eagles did you ever see anything compare to the projects these guys are doing .sorry Cody guess I should read other posts before I start one, any way welcome

Clifford
cody
FMCA #: 256017
Bus Model: 1981 eagle model 10

Post by cody »

Clifford, from what I can see after looking over the projects, these guys are doing just fine, if I was younger and in better shape i'd still be hesitant to tackle some of the stuff their doing lol. I'll probably post a few things but first I've got to get a handle on that photobucket thing, I'm not very technical, I get easily confused lol, even a toaster is a marvel of engineering to me. My main thing is piling sawdust, I wouldn't know how to start for something like a slideout or something that involves metal.