Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Trip to Ireland

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Trip to Ireland

Post by Dreamscape »

Here is some proof that I went! Notice how small the roads are that the bus is on. I let him cut the path and I followed.

Some local scenery that I spotted on the way to the coast.

A picture of the coast line.

Proof that I was actually there! 8-)

What a great trip today, took about six hours roundtrip. It was cold and windy but worth every minute of it.

Enjoy!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Trip to Ireland

Post by van »

Very very nice Paul ,no let down in the pics you just posted :D ,I think I would have turned a litttle wider than that guy :lol: have a good time ,and good job there buddy ;)
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Those European bus drivers are talented! I drove when we were in Ireland so didn't experience a bus driver there, but I was on the bus when a driver made a U-turn on the Champs D'elysses in Paris in the middle of rush hour! He just started his turn and apparently knew that everybody would get out of the way! I have some more pics from the roads in Egypt too! Even with all the idiots on our roads we still have it pretty dang good!

Paul, did you say that was Northern Ireland? We didn't go up there but the Ring of Kerry looks very similar.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Dale,

Yes, Northern Ireland. You could see Scotland from where I went, it is 12 miles off the coast, the closet point between Ireland and Scotland. The steep hills were dotted with sheep, with very long wooley coats to keep them warm! ;) The main attraction on my journey was Torr Head, an old abandoned light house was there. An old fisherman I met said that a helicopter crashed there about 10 years ago. Very rugged, windy and steep terrain.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am fianlly going home tomorrow morning! Just in time to celebrate Christmas with Becky and her Mom.

I'm looking forward to driving on the right side again! Man this is stressfull!

I will have to come back mid January about the same time as Quartzsite. We were not able to finish the job on schedule, too much left to be done teaching the robot what to do! :lol: Either he's a slow learner or I'm not a good teacher! :lol: :lol: :shock:

So y'all have fun at the Q and take lots of pics please so I can see what we missed......Again....... :(
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I didn't realize you were still over there, Paul! I thought you went for a week or so and then came on home. Doggone it! I bet you are ready to come home! Have a safe trip. Glad you are going to be home for Christmas. Image
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN