Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Internet Eagles

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Internet Eagles

Post by Songman »

From time to time I do a search on the internet just looking for cool Eagle buses. And of course, if I find an Eagle owner that I hadn't known about before I send them info on the forum. I found a very cool picture this morning that I thought I would share.

Do any of you know Gary Guess? Apparently he and his family are a Christian singing group that travel in an Eagle. They have a lot of pictures on Picasa, but the one that I want to post here shows some bad luck they had.

Apparently they were down in South Texas and had a flat.

Now that is what I call service when the owner of Silver Eagle comes by and changes a flat tire for you! Good on ya, Craig!

They have more pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/GuessMinistries

I couldn't find an e-mail address so if anyone knows Gary, please invite him over.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Re: Internet Eagles

Post by EAGLE78550 »

Ive known Gary and his family for several years , they are great people !! The coach is a BnB conversion out of Las Vegas ...two slides. They live fulltime and travel the country preaching the gospel. They do need to join this board as they have ton of stories to tell !!
I do the difficult everyday ...the impossible just takes a little longer.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Does he have a 3406 Cat in that bus

Clifford
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Post by EAGLE78550 »

No. I believe it was a 8V92 low turbo.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Shure is nice to see CO out in the field :D ,that's what I call a bus nut for shure,what other bus company exec's would you expect to find along side the road ,sleeves rolled up and rite dead in the middle of changing a big-o-nasty sharp tire on a disabled bus.Hi Craig :) ,That is too cool dude 8-) 8-)
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

There are more pictures of this coach on the smugbug gallery at the Silver Eagle website. Nice looking rig. That is what one might call great customer service.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Way to go Craig! ;) Now that's what I call dedicated and helpful Silver Eagle CO! :)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
EAGLE78550

Post by EAGLE78550 »

Once again I will chime in ...I have known Craig since he brought Eagle back, and there is no finer man to be at the helm ...if he had been running the show in the 90s I think Eagle would be on top of the market today. His innnovations are great and he is not the type of guy to hang in the office ...he is the first one to show and the last one to go ...he and I worked side by side till 9 or 10 o'clock on too many occasions to count. He thinks out of the box and questions why the engineers often over think and over do the simple. As you all know alot of the engineers who design the components for these coaches have never had to work on one ...Craig thinks " How would I feel if I had to tear this apart ?"
I can say with all honesty that you would never a CEO or any executive for that matter from MCI or the P word working on a coach in the shop or alongside the road . Craig is a hero for keeping our marque alive ...it has been a hard road to hoe but I know in my heart that it can only get better and I wish him all the best ...God bless to you all and your families in this holiday season !!
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hi Mike,while on it's maden voyage home from s.illinois the fuel pump went out on our 15 leaving me stranded (luckly)@ the petro truck stop (I-40)in Amarillo,Tx.With no clue as to what went wrong at the time and only 1 resourse that I could think of at the time(too upset )was the silver eagle web site I had browsed the week before while searching on ebay.So I call my wife back home for the phone number.Craig was happy to help me in any way possible to see that I got back on the road safely and made it home ,even searched for a pump which he sent over night,having my tools (smart move)at my disposal and craigs guy in nashville(Dave,A-1)to answer any ??? that I had,and I had alot :lol: so far as how to replace the pump I got it back together and limped my way home.thanks to Craig I was able to keep my sanity and begin to under stand the basics of my eagle .Craig even stayed in constant contact with me during the remainder of the trip home,thats what I call customer service.My hats off to you partner ,and your efforts to help an unknown in distress will not likely forgotten ;) .

Proud and loyal eagle owner

van