Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

painting a bus

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

painting a bus

Post by luvrbus »

Guys thought I would post this web site for you on some paint jobs done by Mike Wilson of Eugene Or, he has painted several of the Eagles for members on this board and is a Eagle owner.Very nice guy will work with anyway he can to paint your bus from 1 color to 10 and will let you do the prep work and him do the painting if you are into that
http://www.willyscustomconcepts.net

clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: painting a bus

Post by Songman »

Very nice! I wish we had time to stop and see him. We will be passing through Eugene this evening. I saw that Clifford bus on there. Who owns that red 45 on the second Coach page?
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Dale,that belongs to one of our members Mark Renner nice huh,see the MCI on the 2nd page left corner Mike let him do all the prep work even the taping of the grapics at his shop and just painted it for him
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I wondered if that was Mark's bus but the only picture I had seen of it before this was his avatar. I can't wait to see the rest of it! Beautiful!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

I agree with Clifford on Mike Wilson at Willy's Custom Concepts. Mike did a good job on my Eagle, and is happy to back up his product. He knows coaches and has painted for Marathon, Country Coach and others before he started his own business. Highly recommended.

For the conversion I also highly recommend Larry Oberfoell at Paradise Coach Interiors in Coburg, OR (http://www.pciconversions.com). He did a great job on the interior of my bus (after cleaning up a failed attempt by another "converter"). Great work at a great price. Exceptional quality and good ideas. There are some pictures of the interior of my bus on his website. Larry has been doing conversions for 20 years and has also worked for Marathon and Country Coach. We need to support the smaller tradesmen who provide such good craftsmanship to our hobby!
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Boomer, Larry is a nice guy he has done some work for me,you pay for the work on your coach not for another coach in his shop at the time.Your post clears up a question I have had for a few years seeing your coach in the other converters place if you were going to allow the crap that was going on with it but I see you made the right choice.

Clifford
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Amen to that Clifford. Back then, Larry was a one man shop and his back log was several months is why I didn't pull the pin sooner. My big mistake.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Ok, not too sure how far to go with this, but we may want to know who the first converter was.

We have to be very careful here, but if there are truly documentable major issues, where folks will get in "trouble" (not sure how we define that -- probably sub standard work or significant overcharging) then we need to warn people.

Where do we draw the line? For sure the Walker situation needed to be "announced". The other company that had mixed reviews was Arizona Transmission. For the latter, several folks posted negative comment on the MAK board, yet others said they were an acceptable company.

So, I guess my point is that I think we should warn our members about very bad experiences they have had with vendors. If they post an objective warning, others can express their own good or bad results so that folks will have a "rating" on the vendor.

Reports should be first hand knowledge, objective and detailed sufficiently so that we can better understand the situation.

What do others think? If this gets too far off topic, we will make a new thread.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Thank You For Your thoughts Jim. This board is a very important tool in helping us make decisions about our buses. To do that we need to know all about services and products both good and bad. I believe we can all state our thuoghts in a civil way. When it becomes demeaning that is when I will draw a line in the sand.

Thank You Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

I don't even think it should be a option on the board, this happen between 2 parties a few years back, if someone is going to have a bus converted and ask Mark what he thought about so and so that would be another game.I know who it was and I am like Vegas it stays here. List the good guys and it will never be a problem good luck

Clifford