Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

New Orleans - Dec 3-5 - Anyone interested?

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

New Orleans - Dec 3-5 - Anyone interested?

Post by Songman »

Don and I will be heading for New Orleans the first week of December. We are heading down there for the International Work Boat Show at the Morial Convention Center. We got 20 VIP passes to the show and wondered if any Eagle owners would be interested in coming over for a little impromptu meet n'greet.

Clifford has spoken up for a couple of the passes and has suggested Bayou Signette State Park campground as a good place to stay. I checked out the website and it looks great. They have all kinds of cool amenities and offer 50' back in spots with 50amp hookups for $18 per night.

If anyone is interested in coming down speak up here and let's make some plans. If you want to attend the show, let me know and I will hold passes for you. But even if you don't want to go to the show, we'd still like to meet some folks and hang out for a few days.

Here's a couple of pertinent web sites.
http://www.workboatshow.com
http://www.crt.state.la.us/parks/ibyusegne.aspx
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: New Orleans - Dec 3-5 - Anyone interested?

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Dale,

If you and Don go route I-20 through Abilene let me know, you guys could stop by here and pick up his ProHeat. I will be in Ireland at that time to install a robot, but my wife will be here. I will be heading out on Nov. 29th.

Have a fun and safe trip ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Dale

Thank you for the invite. Looked at the calender and we are going to our son and his family for Thanksgiving. The next weekend I am going to the big Texas to hunt some of their small deer :D There is no other place I would rather go than to the Big Easy. But It might be a little early for crawfish. If you find any fresh, have a couple of pounds for me and chase it with a Coor's Light.

Thanks again Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Enjoy the crawfish Dale forget about the Coor's they have real beer in Nawlin's.Where are you going to hunt in Texas, Wayne if by chance you are in the Llano area check out Coopers BBQ and get you a pork chop that is 2 inches thick they also have real beer in Texas along with Coor's good luck

Clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Looks like just us, Clifford. Like I already told you on the phone, we didn't get Don's bus done because other people didn't get us the parts we needed in time... Like the heads. The guy had them for a week and a half and didn't start on them until we called to pick them up. But we are registered in the hotel directly across the street from Bayou Signette State Park so we can hang out in the evenings.

Still have plenty of VIP passes if anyone is in the area and wants to come. There will be lots of cool stuff there that could be applied to bus conversions!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Wow! This show is huge! Who knew there was so much stuff that people could sell for boats. Like we mentioned earlier, I am looking for anything that can be used on a bus conversion too!

We still have free VIP passes if anyone wants to come down. The show runs through Friday. How about it, Sonnie? We're staying out by Bayou Signette. Come on over and see us.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hi ya'll,Dale find any thing yet,I see according to the schedule there are hardware dist and a few others that might provide for galley and home (boat)furnishings ,keep an eye ball peeled for any thing ok ;) .I might get a wild hair you know where and see If I can fly out on the red eye for Fri am ,gotta be back by Sat morning .I'll look into some flights and will let you know by tonight ,Cheryl is tired of getting left behind all the time so she will be coming also(kid needs a break from work)we'll see how works out .I was due in Baton Rouge 2 months ago (no rush)to meet with a client for a new bike build and put it off to get the Eagle squared away first ,shure would like to attend the work boat show though.Like I said before ,we'll see if this is doable 8-) . Van
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

The coolest thing I have found so far is a company that does custom gauge panels. They have some great looking samples with some very unique looking switches. They work with you to make each panel custom and the lady says that their prices are about 1/3 of the standard. It could be that if we get the standard Eagle panel shape in their system and they just had to layout and etch the panels based on what gauges and switches put in, we could even get them cheaper.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

That's it! The show is over. We're all packed up and I am waiting for Don to get the truck around so we can load up. I found lots of cool stuff out here, and we had some good food too. Clifford, I'm sorry. I couldn't eat the muffaletta. I was all set up to try it but I don't like salami. Don had fried gator last night.

We're headed towards Dallas tonight, then Amarillo, Barstow, and home. We've seen a couple of Eagles while on the road. Saw a nice big red Eagle outside OKC. We were eating in the Flying J when he got off the interstate. Don't know if he pulled into the truck stop or went on down the road though. Maybe we can see another one or two on the way home...
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Don't forget take pictures :lol: