Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Hello fellow Eaglenuts. Just got signed on and hope to post pictures of my bus soon. I have an '81 M10 converted to a M15 with five foot stretch, 6 inch widen and 8 inch raise. I installed a Cummins ISM 450 and Allison WTEC III World transmission. Have only put 10K miles on it so far and am averaging 9.6 mpg. Hope to make Quartzsite now that fuel prices are moderating.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: New member

Post by van »

Welcome Mark Glad to have you on board :) ,look foward to seeing pics of that beautiful eagle .When my bus grows up I want it to look just like yours :D :D .check out the site and please do start a thread in the project section,We're all looking foward to it :mrgreen: .

GO TEAM RED!
Van
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I'm already liking what I see and that is just in the little avatar picture! I can't wait to see the Project thread!

We're heading up through your area tomorrow on our way to Seattle. Wanna bring it over around I-5 for lunch? haha
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Welcome Mark!

What part of SW Washington are you in? I travel up to Vancouver USA every few months to work at my company home office. Would like to meet up with you sometime.

Can't wait to see more of your beautiful Ealge, as Van said, start your own thread in the Project Eagles section and title it as your own and post everything there.

Happy Trails,

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Welome Mark , Your eagle sounds great. I would like to get some info on your swap, At some point in the future Iam thinking of doing the same swap. Again welcome .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Andy I would be glad to share information on the repower. I purchased my engine/trans as a mated package from Freightliner surplus. They were used in a test vehicle and had only accrued 26 total hours. All accessories (starter, alternator, a/c compressor, p/s pump) were attached. However, the engine OEM ECM harness and the transmission ECU and OEM harness were not included. I paid 15,000 for the package. Essentially brand new componants with a new retail value approaching 50K! I added a new Jake later on, purchased and installed by Cummins. The engine swap was pretty straightforward (I had already enlarged the engine bay). The most difficult part was overcoming the harness issue.
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Post by EAGLE78550 »

So have you done all the rest of the work too, or just the engine swap ? If so I would love to see the project pictures ...if you purchased it already stretched who did the work ? The avatar looks good ...does it have side entrance or am I seeing things ??
I do the difficult everyday ...the impossible just takes a little longer.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Boomer »

I did the engine conversion, fan conversion, engine bay work, brake and suspension work, tires, wheels, etc. Farmed out the rest. Yes it has a mid entry and air step. I also had to farm out the ECM and ECU wiring; I had no harnesses.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I had to pull up this old thread because Mark sent me a picture of his bus to make a new avatar from and it is so gorgeous that I just had to share it! My wife got all excited when I showed it to her... Not that I will ever get ours looking this good!

Beautiful Mark. Great job!

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Post by EAGLE78550 »

Maybe this has already been touched upon , but is that a Hercules conversion? ...I know Hercules was doing stretches and widening and they are usually easy to spot with the inset of the front wheels ...the front cradle is still from the 96....there are only a few who use the 102 cradle when widening a 05-10....beautiful coach !! ...love the mirror siding and cafe doors on the bays ...cant wait to see more !!
I do the difficult everyday ...the impossible just takes a little longer.