Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Question for Bob Belter and other 01 Owners

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Question for Bob Belter and other 01 Owners

Post by Dreamscape »

Why do you think I had a thread about power steering! :lol: :lol:

A smaller wheel would be nice, but not until I get rid of the armstrong steering! :roll:

I have not ever layed fiberglass, so wood was my best option. :oops:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F92654
Bus Model: Eagle -01 1967 Cummins M-11 10 spd OD RR

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Eagles,

OK, here are some pix of my -01 Eagle cockpit. Note that there is only a center console, which is not as wide as the steering wheel. All the instruments which you are regularly interested in are up there in easy view. To either side you can see the foot pads, and when you are reared back with your feet up on the pads, cruise on, it is VERY comfortable. The side consoles, plus the overhead panels include the rest of the stuff which you need, but don't need to 'watch'. The video displays are the back-up camera monitors, plus the computer monitor for GPS (MS Streets and Trips). The other upper panel is my HVAC control. It got to be sort of 'out of hand', and it even ended up with a small computer (PLC).

Go to: My public Google Picasa web site (Picasa is free, works great). You can click 'Robert's Gallery' for some other pix.
http://picasaweb.google.com/rhbelter/20 ... FR-CNUJPxs#

Enjoy /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Hey Bob,

What is the knob to the right of the foot feed? Is that your cruise?

Very interesting layout. How long did it take you to figure out where you wanted stuff? With my puny setup it took a lot longer than I anticipated, but that's normal for me!

Your shifter looks like a stick from an aircraft of some sort. I remember how you said you shift it, was it tough to learn?

For a minute I thought I was veiwing the cockpit of a 747 ;)

Thanks for taking the time to let us see your handy work!

Very well done Sir!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F92654
Bus Model: Eagle -01 1967 Cummins M-11 10 spd OD RR

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Paul,

The knob to the right of the foot pedal is a 'throttle kicker'. The cruise disconect button (black one on the right side) on the stick also kicks a little air cylinder which pushes the pedal down. It is adjustable, so I can pre-set the RPM and correlate it with bus speed for down shifts. Works exactly like the full throttle downshift, except that you can choose your own RPM, and accordingly, speed. The M-11 electronic engine RPM with the 'kicker' is quite consistant, but varies a bit with altitude.

The shifter IS an airplane stick. It is pretty much a left hand version of the stick in an A-6 Intruder. Every button has a function. For example, the 'coolie hat' trim switch at the top is (for me), up-down cruise, and left-right momentary turn signal. The other switches are low-high tranny, low-off-high Jake, clutch brake. For the trigger, I've not yet installed the paint ball 'bow guns' to plaster the back of 'intruding' SUV's The grip(s) are available from Aircraft Spuce for ~~$175.00

Enjoy /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Post by Jim H »

Paul, Here is a picture of my replacement dash in my 01. Jim H
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Jim,

Yours looks very nice! Maybe someday I'll be able to do the same, but for now I'm real happy with just having one! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740