Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

A Question for ALL Members and non Members

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: A Question for ALL Members and non Members

Post by Songman »

I LOVE MY PANTOGRAPH DOORS!!! Sorry Paul, I just had to do it. That is one of the changes I wanted to make on the 10 before I found this 20.

Obviously I haven't seen the ones on the 25 but mine are very similar to how they sound. They are very light. They go up above the bay area when opened. They do swing out a little on the arc to open, but not a lot. They tuck back in nicely up along side the bus. I think I would be less likely to hit my head on them than I would on hinged Eagle doors. And I know I am less likely to pinch a finger off!

My doors do have a little 'lock' that flips into place to hold them in the up position. It is not the long rod like I have seen on other style doors. It is just a little piece of flat iron about 4 inches long that pivots into a slot when the door is up. It is mission on a few of my doors but it is no problem because the gas struts hold them up fine anyway.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Alright...alright...too much yac :lol: king an not enough picture snapping!!! Didn't the "BOSS" say he wanted to see pictures :?: I know I do :D !!!
--
BILL
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

preach it bro! :|
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Here's mine!

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Man, Talk about Air Conditioning! :lol: :lol:

Dale, can you take a picture of the mechanisim?
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Paul I have cafe doors on my 05 they are OK. I am putting panograph doors on my 15. They are Eagle doors I was able to get a new set with all the hardware.
I am going to get 6 more from a friend that took them off his because he is adding slideouts. When I get them I will see what kind of shape they are in. If I sell them I will just charge what they cost me. Not shure about getting rid of them as I like to have spares around. I have seen Sonnies they work as good as the Eagle ones he did a nice job.

Steve I came up with a way to have hidden hinges. I will poat some pictures When I learn how

Wayne
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGG I thought I had this picture posting down. Dale if you see this, can you copy the hinge picture I put up on my blog and put it in this post? I have fooled with it for an hour and a half and now I think I will just go back to the shop and work out some frustrations. :oops: Thanks
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Songman wrote:Here's mine!

Looks like you got some of dum dar abidextrious doors ,the ones with the lift handles on both sides of the latch paddle :D I think it dont matter to me if they swing up ,out I get wacked in the melon every time I open one up(ouch!) :roll: :oops: :lol: .They all do look pretty good though :)
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Bob, Do you have any pictures of how you reworked the hold up fixture on your 01 doors? My bay doors are not too bad, just darn heavy! ;) I really like your idea. My doors swing up and at full extension the top of the door hits the upper attachment. I opened mine all the way last night and really can't see the benefit on moving the bracket. I must be missing something, I usuall am! :lol:

Pantograph would be a nice feature, but with the way I'm going I better just kick that idea out of my head. :roll:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »