Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Prepare to steel tent

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: Prepare to steel tent

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Van, I wonder what that big red bus would look like with about a thousand big yellow smiles down the sides ...............
..............---------------------------------------------------------------
.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...............
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I can picture it now ,Urhh can we make it a thousand screaming skulls now that I can live with LOL :lol:
ArtGill
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F293518
Bus Model: 1989 NJT model 20

Post by ArtGill »

Our first trip as a "steel tent" we used a five gallon dry wall mud bucket with a heavy duty trash bag in it with kitty litter and a toilet seat on top. We had an ice chest, camp stove, a propane heater that mounts on the tank ( did not use when asleep) and queen bed on cinder blocks. You will need some way to bathe or stay down wind.

HAVE FUN/b] :lol:

Art
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Sounds like my very first apartment after I left home.. :lol:
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Hey Art, Did you take any pictues? Bet that was exciting for everyone! :lol: :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I'll bet that was exciting , the good news is we still have the original bus lavatory and the seats and racks all gone ,all but 6 sets.I think we pretty much set with every thing , if I could get my generator in by then an even bigger plus :D
ArtGill
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F293518
Bus Model: 1989 NJT model 20

Post by ArtGill »

Sorry, no pictures. But we did have folding beach chairs and curtains made out of sheets. One of our favorite Carolina Beach Music Bands was playing in a baseball stadium and we were able to park along the fence across the field from the stage. We proped the window open with a stick and enjoyed the band while in bed drinking beer. :D

You don't have to do much to use your tin tent. Just go and enjoy.

Art
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Mow that's what I call entertainment :lol: