Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Prepare to steel tent

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Prepare to steel tent

Post by van »

As many of you already know progress on our bus was at a stand still for a while till we were able to replace the cracked heads on the 6V and get her purring once more.Now thanks to the many suggestions,technical advise and help that we recieved we are now able to push foward and try to develope a plan :shock: to start with.I've decided to wait until after Qz to start full time on it .My question to the forum (opinions,admoneshments,rebukes,free fuel cards etc,welcomed) :lol: is about what to bring. We have a 5.5 kw onan gas generator ,a sink w/pump,and a propane oven/stove ,should we hook up evrthing in the bus temporarily for this trip so we can cook and have some heat? or just throw the air matress and sleeping bags in and take off to Qz?We also have our BBQ set that we could bring and bottled water . your suggestions and for those of you that have steel tented before ,storys of your first time out .I know I would definetly would like to have the gen set up at least for 120v in case of a break down(air conditioning I don't think will be a factor in Jan) :D .so come on folks lets hear some suggestions or stories of your first experience and what you guys did to make the first steel tent trip work for you.Thanks

:)
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Prepare to steel tent

Post by beltguy »

Van, our Quartzsite rally is dry (read primitive) camping.

It is often quite chilly there that time of year. Perhaps not cold enough you will need heat if you come with warm clothing and have good sleeping bags. However, heat is a nice luxury ;) .

Cooking is probably important, but there are lots of restaurants for a few meals and stores with good supplies (a bit pricey). A microwave would be nice.

The one thing you did not mention is a "sanitary station". I am not sure what we will have this year when we meet with the GM and Flxible folks, but our normal rallies do not have outhouses. A portapotty would be fine.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hey jim hi, and thanks for the reply.We still have the coach's bathroom on board so not a problem there ,I guess I will try to get the Onan down to cliffords and figure a way to install it (and where),have to get some material for the exhaust(pipe)so as not to wake the nehbors .Dont have a muffler but after listening to cliffords set up I dont think I will need one ,cliffords cannot be heard almost standing on top of it(no muffler by the way).

So the genset deffinetly will go in (for the lights,tunes,micro)for now,
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Van, Id say you could take just about anything or everything you want. You just need to decide your level of comfort. ;) I can imagine you could set up a king size bed in there if you wanted. and you could even load up the dresser, night stands, and chest of drawers. It all depends on how much you want to load up. Now..... if my Debbie was making our list ............ :lol: I might be beter off to lease a house close by when we get there.....lol..... :lol: :lol: :shock:
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Cheryl said what's her # LOL :lol: (women?) GO FIGURE :lol: (OUCH!)

I've got dutch in me,I'd find a comfortable spot on a bed of nails,and cheryl she's resourceful,she'll wait till I'm done and then just curl up ontop of me :o LOL. Well if all else fails drop back 3 and punt (I always say's 8-) ),So long as the bus is running ,got the cell phone ,credit card,A-Camping we shall go :D 8-)
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

I could sleep just fine on that bed of nails too Van. Only thing is, Deb would bring me a saw and a hammer and say.........well you got the wood and the nails.......so here's your tools .... I want a bed a a room too.......Its one of the things I love most of her... :lol:

I really get a kick outta seeing these little laughing faces .. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

And look no matter were ya put them they laugh together :lol:
:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: 8-)
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Here's to you Steve :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

8-)
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

:twisted:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/