Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Parts Availability

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
travlinman
Bus Model: PD4106

Parts Availability

Post by travlinman »

Hello Eagle Owners,

New member here, looking for some real life experiences on parts availability on these old coaches. I am currently shopping for a converted coach to full time out of and I believe that an Eagle will best suit my needs. BUT, as these coaches are no longer in production I'm looking for some feedback from owners as to parts availability. The main concern that I have is the suspension, as the Eagles have a very unique system. I have currently narrowed my search to a Model 1 or 5 so any parts feedback on these would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Parts Availability

Post by Songman »

Welcome to the forum, Steve.

Actually, Silver Eagle Bus is back in business and building new coaches. Plus, they do have parts available. http://www.silvereaglebus.com

Also, there are several other options for new parts, such as Jefferson Truck in OKC and International Bus Parts down in FL.

But the best source of parts in my opinion is right here on this forum. Lots of our members have been riding Eagles for a long time and have collected quite a few parts over the years. Take a look in our Mall for parts and also for buses for sale.

You've made a good choice on an Eagle. Now you just have to find the one that is right for you.

Dale
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Travlinman,

Welcome to the board!

We have the torsion bar suspension available for the Model 05, 10, 15 & 20 Eagle Coaches. We also have the torsion bar suspension available for the front and tag axle on the Model 01 Eagle's. These are all new and not rebuilt and there is no core charge. Also the spring rate on these new bars have been increased by 1,000 lbs. per bar which helps to carry the loads better without affecting the ride of the coach.

We are producing Eagle Coaches again here in Brownsville and trying our best to be able to service the older coaches.

Dan Lenz
Silver Eagle Bus, Mfg. Inc.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Welcome Steve,

Dale and Dan have given good advice. We own an 01, in fact the last one produced, and have not had problems finding anything. All sources have been great and there are lots of parts out there. Like Dale said, some owners have parts or know where to get them. Every Eagle Owner I have met is more than willing to share knowledge.This new site will be of great help to all of us.

Good Luck and you picked a great coach, they have the best ride and look in the industry!

;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
travlinman
Bus Model: PD4106

Post by travlinman »

Dan,

Thanks for the info, one gap in suspension parts sounds like the drivers on a Model 1.
Any further information on this?

Steve
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Steve,

The drive axle torsions on a Model 01 have not been available for some time and they are different from the later models. In fact, the tag axle torsions on the Model 01 were not available for some time but we now have developed a retrofit kit to upgrade them. Our new Model 25 Eagle was designed after the Model 01 setup and has the tag axle retrofit installed in it. In the future, we may see if our vendor can rebuild the drive axle torsions for an 01 or we may possibly design a retrofit to change them to the later models. I have heard that some people have done this, but I do not know who they are. Anything is possible given time and how much money a person is willing to spend.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

The suspension is one of only a few items that are unique to Eagle. Almost all body parts are reproduced. The miter boxes can be rebuilt as can the drop boxes. The rear end gears are unique to Eagle but they are also available new.

The vast majority of the rest of the parts are standard HD truck parts and available from many sources.

Bottom line, none of us fear a parts shortage for the foreseeable future -- especially with Silver Eagle in the picture.

As you begin to look at Eagles, let us know where they are and, perhaps, one of us could help you take a look at it.

No matter what bus you buy, DO NOT buy it without the help of a qualified person to help you understand the condition of the coach and the "quality" of the conversion.

We sure hope you find a great Eagle and join our Eagles International Chapter!!!!

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.