Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

birthday announcements

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: birthday announcements

Post by luvrbus »

NO,NO Dale grandkids are never brats that was their mom and dad plenty of time left for grandkids Dale but they are great to have
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

LOL I spoil them rotten then send them home to mom and dad.That's what I meant when I told them wait till you have your own kids.A fore warning if ever I heard one eh,my grand pa spoiled me ,my pa spoiled my kids and now it's my turn to spoil lil pauly , It's my duty 8-) .Van LOL
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Speaking of Grandchildren,

One day I came home from work, not feeling to well, after a long hard day. Our granddaughter, Emily, who is four, greeted me at the door. I naturally gave her a big hug and kiss as I always do and then went to take a shower. She could sense that I was not feeling well. Later on, I went to the kitchen and turned on some smooth jazz music while I was searching for something to cook for dinner. Emily came out to the kitchen, because she loves my music as much as I do. A slower song came on that was nice and relaxing. Emily stood there with her eyes wideopened, not a blink, and said in a calming voice...grandpa?.....her hand now extended out to me...may I have this dance? My heart melted and I was instantly feeling better and suddenly forgot all about work. What a joy to have grandkids. We have two granddaughters, Emily, and Kira who is seven. They spoil me as much as I spoil them.

Grandpa Dan
Last edited by SmoothJazz on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Dan,

What a great story! It makes my heart melt too.

Our grandchildren are as follows 4 in Tucson AZ, 4 in SoCal. We don't get to see them much but when we do, what fun we have. We sure do miss all of them. :(
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I have those feelings with our daughters. I spent so much of my life chasing the neon rainbow (aka, in the music business) that I never got married and had kids. Marie and I have been married for four and a half years now and OUR daughters are a light in my life. Even though Brianna is 28 now, she started calling me Dad a couple of years ago and says I am more of a father than the guy she had before. McKenzie is 11 now and was only 5 when Marie and I started dating. I bought her first kindergarten clothes and have taken her to school every day of her life except when I was out of town. My girls, that is what I call all three of them together, have really completed me.

But I am still not ready for grandkids even though I know they would be a joy.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

well I just got it hot off the presses ,grand child #3 is in the oven ,oh boy this can become a full time job for me .The first words out of my little paulie's mouth were Granpa and Harley(davidson that is).My oldest daughter Audrey's first words were Da Da and motorcycle,and now I get to sqweeze in bus with :D all of that.What a woderful life 8-)
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Congratulations Van!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks Dale,it's a blessing for shure and now besides wanting to build a scaled down version of my chopper,the scaled down version of our duece coupe,is a scaled down version of grand pa's eagle bus even possible(one that might fit in one of the cargo holds).Oh boy what fun I'm in for :shock: :D 8-)
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Directions to my house as per our Granddaughter, Emily.

The other day I picked up Emily from my inlaws. While riding in the truck, I asked if she wanted to call Great Grandma and Grandpa. She talks a mile a minute, so she said yes. She spoke to my mother for a little bit and my mother told her that they were coming to Texas to see us. Then my father got on the phone and Emily asked if he was coming to Texas too. Then she asked my father if he needed directions. Then I heard her say, ok...first...you come down the road to exit...then there was a pause, I assumed my father asked which exit, then she said, Great Grandpa its...exit...marks the spot! :roll: Then you just come over to Grandpa Lenz's house and just come in, you don't have to knock.

Kids say the funniest things.

Now all of you know how to find my house, I live at "exit marks the spot!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grandpa Dan
Last edited by SmoothJazz on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

That's priceless,Hey dan you guys think you can tackle a scale version of the 25,can't afford a full size right now ,Just think of it as an investment for the future(get them hooked while their young LOL :lol: 8-)