Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** GREAT NEWS ****

There is a plan in place for a new administrator who will restore and update this site.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For background information click on this thread.

The forum continues to be in low maintenance mode untill the new administrator is fully on board. The "registration" and "contact us" options are not active.

Anyone familiar with this rig?

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Re: Anyone familiar with this rig?
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Thank you both again for the info. That is reassuring about the roof ACs most likely being enough when parked. Jim, with the 411 gears mentioned (I dont know how common that is in buses) and the Allison 6 speed world transmission, what would you expect my RPM to be running at 65 or 70? I read your article on the forum from BCM about RPM and gearing, but those figures were based on 3.73 ratio and 4 speed I believe (I'm sure there is some math I could do to figure it but that is not my specialty) . Thanks in advance.
OkieJoe

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:09 am

Joe, I meant to reply to this, but got sidetracked.

If the bus has 4.11 and the world transmission does not have 6th gear locked out, you should be in the range of 1300-1400 rpm at 70. That is an estimate, as I don't have the time to check the 6th gear ratio. The 5th gear ratio is .73 as I recall and that would put you at about 1600 at 70 in fifth.

4.11 is considered

If you inspected the bus, We would sure like to know what you thought.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission - not at all fancy, but fully functional
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: http://beltguy.com/blog/
Email: jim@eaglesinternational.net (Please email me rather than use the PM process)
beltguy

Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm

We are taking a trip up to visit a family friend a few hours away from the bus the first part of November. If it hasn't sold by that time I am going to make the trip to take a look. I wish there was a member of the forum in that area with more expertise to help me out, but I am going to look over the resources on the forum to help me as best it can.
OkieJoe

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 pm

The 45' Eagle in Texas with the black nose and tan rear was checked out in early October by Lukis on the BCM forum. I believe he has passed on it, but he has been in it. On 4 Oct 18 he said:

"Double eagle, I did notice that it only has two roof air conditioners. And, it does not have bus air; I did ask him that. He said they run the generator going down the road to run the air. Most buses I’ve seen have at least 3, some have 6!. When he told me, “you have to keep the bedroom door open” so it’s air can help cool the bus I was suspicious. Here in east Texas it can be over a 100 degrees with 95% humidity for months at a time. That is a must for me; if it’s hot in the bus in the summer I don’t want it. That may be a deal breaker for me unless I can get it cheap enough.
I did plan on making a considerably low offer, if I decide to make one.
I think your right about the quality of the inside as well. They designed it more on the “neat” side than quality. The cabinet doors seemed a little light when I opened them. I’m also not a fan of the carpet they used on the bunks and some of the walls."
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
DoubleEagle

Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:56 am

OkieJoe, I see in a FB group that the Silt Eagle has sold. Did you buy it?

What is the status of your search?

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission - not at all fancy, but fully functional
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: http://beltguy.com/blog/
Email: jim@eaglesinternational.net (Please email me rather than use the PM process)
beltguy

Previous

Return to General Eagle Chat