Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Had a minor accident (minor to the Eagle)

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
YUMAEAGLE
Bus Model: 1965 '01

Had a minor accident (minor to the Eagle)

Post by YUMAEAGLE »

This is my first post. I am a new member, so if I didn't do it exactly right ... well, maybe you'll give me a second chance and some guidance.

I just had a nightmare of an incident Friday. It was like watching one of those disaster movies where the hurricane or tornado throws a bunch of debris through your windshield. I tried to line the bus up with my step-up stair ... had the front door open so I could line it up and somehow I hit the accelerator (because I was watching the door to line up ) and the thrust pushed my foot harder yet and in a matter of 2 to 3 seconds I 'flew' through our patio wiping out the wall and gate and all the chairs and table. then through the back brick wall fence - into the neighbor’s yard wiping out his gazebo and all chairs and then crashed into his fifth-wheel coach causing considerable damage before I could shut it down. Considering all the damage caused, the Eagle fared pretty well. Passenger side windshield, both mirrors, both side turn signal lights, the front turn signal lights and both corner pieces (right & left) of the front bumper. Plus a few minor items such as one chrome wheel cover and a few of the "fake" hex nuts.

So, since being relatively new to the Eagle I need to positively ID it (model, year, serial number, etc.) BTW. where 'IS' the serial number located?
Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Re: Had a minor accident (minor to the Eagle)

Post by Bus & Car »

The first place to look for your VIN is your registration and/or insurance papers.

Depending on the year, you may find a metal plate over the driver's side window on in the compartment with the fire bottle.

If that all fails, open the tailgate. Look at the lower right corner of the opening. Just behind the bumper there's a frame rail. There should be a small metal plate welded onto the top of that. It will have the number there. Belgian buses had four digit numbers while Brownsville buses had five digits. In later Brownsville production this plate may have shown the production sequence number such as 89-013 or similar. If you find the small plate but can't read it because of built-up dirt or rust, a wire brush will normally clean things up to make it readable again.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Wow, that is an impressive amount of damage to the landscape! I have to wonder what engine and transmission combo you have to get so far in such a short time. You might find that there are items that are damaged on the coach that you are not aware of yet. If someone got video, it would be great for one of those TV shows that highlight such events. I hope your neighbor has a good sense of humor, and your insurance is in order. ;)
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Karl

First of all welcome to our forum.

Your first post was just fine as far as correct forum and content. However, the "adventure" is a different story :o

If I had any suggestion, it would be to add a signature to your profile. Any information you add will help us help you.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

Hey YumaEagle,
WOW what a ride.
We winter in Yuma, have a place on 39th st, near Ave 12E.
Sorry for your damage, that was the fastest approx 75' ride you have done maybe unless you are/were a bronc or bull rider.
Jefferson in OKC might have some of the parts, 800-813-9367 as for Ed.
LeRoy Willis
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

Liberty wrote:Hey YumaEagle,
WOW what a ride.
Sorry for your damage, that was the fastest approx 75' ride you have done maybe unless you are/were a bronc or bull rider.
LeRoy Willis

Sorry, but Jefferson closed it's doors more than a year ago. I haven't heard if anyone bought them out or not.

If anyone on here knows if they are still around, even with a different name, please tell us.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
YUMAEAGLE
Bus Model: 1965 '01

Post by YUMAEAGLE »

One member suggested that I should post a picture of my Eagle so you guys could help me identify the Model, year, and any changes which may have been made. Well, let me tell you.... I tried! I looked everywhere I could think of to try and find out how to go about doing this. The closest I got (I think) was when I uploaded a 200x200 pixel photo (in avatar), but, it never showed up ANYWHERE. All I am trying to do is put the photo in the little square on the left side of the post which contains my user name. I have navigated through a lot of sites since being introduced to computing about over 2o years ago and can't remember ever having this much difficulty figuring out how to do a relatively simple procedure. Any help would be appreciated. (actually.... it would be GREATLY appreciated and then some. :-) )
_DSC4094 RESIZED 200X200 PIXELS.jpg
_DSC4094 RESIZED 200X200 PIXELS.jpg (57.65 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
It seems I lucked out and found how to do an attachment to THIS POST. But, I still haven't a clue how to add that same photo to my USER NAME (at the left side of a post)
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Karl

Glad you figured out how to upload photos. As you found out, using the "upload attachments" gets the job done. I have it set to accept all but the gigantic photo files.

Getting your avatar to work is a bit more of a challenge. In the next day or two I will use the photo you posted to create and avatar for you.

In the mean time, you might want to create a bit of a "signature" with your name location and a bit about your bus.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Karl, I got your avatar posted.

There are two criteria that must be met: Pixels (300 x 200 max) and files size. A while back I had set the file size fairly low to deal with a problem we had. However, that caused a problem for new avatars. I have now set the max file size to 20k

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

Bus & Car wrote:
Liberty wrote:Hey YumaEagle,
WOW what a ride.
LeRoy Willis

Sorry, but Jefferson closed it's doors more than a year ago. I haven't heard if anyone bought them out or not.

If anyone on here knows if they are still around, even with a different name, please tell us.
Jefferson is still open, I was there in April and bought some parts from them, How mush longer who knows but they are open.
LeRoy