Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

voight tranmissions

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
csefcik
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle Model 10

voight tranmissions

Post by csefcik »

Looking for voight transmission info for 85 model 10-schematics/ manules-4 Spd auto
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: voight tranmissions

Post by beltguy »

Hi Carson. When you get a chance, you might want to add some information on your signature, so that we all get to know you.

You must have a Houston Metro bus. That is the same as mine and David Anderson plus some others who are not on this board. I converted mine to an HT740 and then when I did my engine swap, I went to an Eaton AutoShift.

I had all the manuals and gave them to David as I recall. Your transmission is no longer produced and they no longer stock most of the parts for it. It was said to be a very robust transmission.

I called the Voith folks and they sent me some manuals at no charge. You could try contacting them via: http://www.voithusa.com/contact_default.asp

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
csefcik

Post by csefcik »

Thanks safetyman.Voith got ahold me right away.All you guys have helped tremendously in getting parts and info.
gsriley1

Post by gsriley1 »

My transmission is also a Voith. At first I was very skeptical of this transmission, but so far I've had no issues. This past weekend I towed a 2,000 lb trailer with no issues, and transmission temperature remained well within the normal range. Until it craps out I have no intention of changing it. If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Greg Riley
Magnolia, TX
1985 Eagle Model 10
5KidzKrazy
davida
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10

Post by davida »

As Jim said, I have a Voith tranny, also. I still have all the manuals he gave me plus his ECU. I had to pull it out and put my original back in as Jim's began to not disengage the retarder without shifting to neutral then back to drive. I also have a 3rd ECU I've never used but keep as a spare.

I've put 52k miles on mine and use the retarder religiously when descending mountains. Voith support has been very good when I call, but I haven't had to call in about two years. All of us Voith users, let's stay in touch with each other in case we ever need help.

david1307(at)att.net

Thanks, david
csefcik

Post by csefcik »

gsriley1

Post by gsriley1 »

Greg Riley
Magnolia, TX