Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

voight tranmissions

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
voight tranmissions
Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:41 am

Looking for voight transmission info for 85 model 10-schematics/ manules-4 Spd auto
csefcik

Re: voight tranmissions
Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Carson. When you get a chance, you might want to add some information on your signature, so that we all get to know you.

You must have a Houston Metro bus. That is the same as mine and David Anderson plus some others who are not on this board. I converted mine to an HT740 and then when I did my engine swap, I went to an Eaton AutoShift.

I had all the manuals and gave them to David as I recall. Your transmission is no longer produced and they no longer stock most of the parts for it. It was said to be a very robust transmission.

I called the Voith folks and they sent me some manuals at no charge. You could try contacting them via: http://www.voithusa.com/contact_default.asp

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission - not at all fancy, but fully functional
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: http://beltguy.com/blog/
Email: jim@eaglesinternational.net (Please email me rather than use the PM process)
beltguy

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks safetyman.Voith got ahold me right away.All you guys have helped tremendously in getting parts and info.
csefcik

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:24 am

My transmission is also a Voith. At first I was very skeptical of this transmission, but so far I've had no issues. This past weekend I towed a 2,000 lb trailer with no issues, and transmission temperature remained well within the normal range. Until it craps out I have no intention of changing it. If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Greg Riley
Magnolia, TX
1985 Eagle Model 10
5KidzKrazy
gsriley1

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:37 pm

As Jim said, I have a Voith tranny, also. I still have all the manuals he gave me plus his ECU. I had to pull it out and put my original back in as Jim's began to not disengage the retarder without shifting to neutral then back to drive. I also have a 3rd ECU I've never used but keep as a spare.

I've put 52k miles on mine and use the retarder religiously when descending mountains. Voith support has been very good when I call, but I haven't had to call in about two years. All of us Voith users, let's stay in touch with each other in case we ever need help.

david1307(at)att.net

Thanks, david
davida

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:01 pm

csefcik

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Greg Riley
Magnolia, TX
1985 Eagle Model 10
5KidzKrazy