Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Best deal I've seen on converted Eagle

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Best deal I've seen on converted Eagle

Post by Songman »

There is only one small picture on this ad but it sure sounds like the stuff that has been put into this bus is worth a whole lot more than the $10,000 asking price. Bus is in Florida. Wish I had some money and a place to store a bus right now.

http://ocala.craigslist.org/rvs/1238497283.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1974 Silver Eagle Bus rv conversion, nicely done teal green, 40 feet long, queen bed, two closets, lots of storage, full corner shower with glass door, vanity sink, medicine cabinet with mirror, porcelean toilet, linen closet, pocket doors for privacy between bedroom and bathroom and bathroom and main living, 8 foot kitchen counter top, with stainless steel sink, and pricephister faucets, 3 burner gas stove, exhaust fan/vent above, Norcold Frig/freezer, bifold closet doors for pantry with slide out baskets, lots of storage, wood cabinets over counter, couch opens for additional guests, booth style dining with more storage, privacy curtain in front windshield, one a/c unit, 100 gallon fresh water tank, 75 gallon grey, more storage in front bay, starts right up, we have been using it for extra company. Asking $10,000 o.b.o. call Holly @ 352-236-3484 or e-mail for more pictures and info.

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
JimGnitecki
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 407798
Bus Model: 1979 Eagle Model 5

Re: Best deal I've seen on converted Eagle

Post by JimGnitecki »

Be careful.

There have been a LOT of ads on Craigs List lately, within the RV section and also within the car and motorcycle sections, where a scammer has "grabbed" the text and 1 or more photos of a REAL bus ad, and created a fake.

The common element in all these ads is a very low price.

If you contact the seller, there is always a story about how he or she has to move quickly and that's why the price is so low, and no matrter where you live, it is not possible to see the vehicle in person. Just send money in some non-refundable form . . .

I'm not kidding. It's incredible.

I have been looking for a trailer for one of my sons to buy, and have run into this at least 3 times so far. My rules for testing the legitimacy of an ad now include:

- It HAS to be possible to see the vehicle, even if you foolishly decide not to do so, it must be POSSIBLE

- I always ask for a few photos of uncommon items not generally shown in ads. If the seller cannot take the photos "beause my camera is broken", temrinate the discussion. ANYONE can buy a disposable camera almost ANYWHERE.

- If the sale has to be consummated "today or tomorrow", pass on it. There's something very wrong. Even if a person is REALLY busy or REALLY "going to Iraq", they can get a much betetr price by HIRING someone to act as their agent, or even by selling wholesale to a dealer, so why wouldn't they?

- Ask lots of questions about the vehicle. If they don't seem to know the answers, watch out!
Jim Gnitecki
("Jim G")
JimGnitecki@gmail.com
1979 Eagle Model 05 reborn around 1997
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

To add to Jim's reply on craigslist, I want to share my experiences. We have placed several adds locally here in Abilene. Each time I post, immediately someone wants to but it, doesn't mention what it is they want to buy. Then after I remove it because of one reason or another, I get some replies that would astound you. Some troll seeking to meet you because they felt bad after the last conversation you had with them. What Conversation! I could go on and on, but I swear I'll not use craigslist again, to much junk coming back at me.

Buyer Beware!

This is not to discourage selling or buying your Eagle, you must be careful how to.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
JimGnitecki
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 407798
Bus Model: 1979 Eagle Model 5

Post by JimGnitecki »

Paul: Those "replies" that say theyw ant to buy your item without even identifying the item or challening the price are scams.

What these guys want to do is send you a "cashiers check" as payment, which your bank WILL apparently accept - at first. You then send them the item, and 2 weeks later the "cashiers" check is determined to be a fake, and your account is charged back for the full amount plus possible charges. By then, your item has long since arrived at the scammer's place, and has been sold for pennies on the dollar.

These guys often insist that you remove the item from Craigs List right away since they 'have bought it". That's to ensure that they don't waste one of their valuable forged cashiers checks on you while you sell the item to someone real in the meantime for CASH.

On the vehicle sales I wrote about above, the idea is to get you to send a non-refundable deposit right away. They now they will never get the full price of the vehicle from you, but the deposit is enough to take you for.
Jim Gnitecki
("Jim G")
JimGnitecki@gmail.com
1979 Eagle Model 05 reborn around 1997
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Yeah, I have seen both ends of the Craigslist scams before. I have had my Jeep on Craigslist for a little while now and am getting a new one. I don't mention anywhere in my add that I NEED to sell my Jeep because I need money. I said I have too many vehicles and don't want to have this one sit in my driveway anyway. But I have gotten about 4 responses asking me if I still needed money and that they can tell me how to make it!

This particular one is for real for anyone who might be interested. Holly sent me quite a few photos of the inside and more information about the bus that wasn't listed in the ad. It is not a fancy bus but it is a nice one for someone looking to get on the road. The clincher for me is that it has a 4-speed manual. I can drive stick. I just don't want to in a bus.

I have the other pictures if anyone is interested.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN