Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

The Bus Parts Store

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
arthurg
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F212279
Bus Model: 1989. Eagle, Mo 15

Re: The Bus Parts Store

Post by arthurg »

DALE. I was refering to the sliding rubber strap that limits the
travel of the door. I might be interested in something that would
also hold the door. Thanks for the response. ARTHUR
arthurg
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F212279
Bus Model: 1989. Eagle, Mo 15

Post by arthurg »

Hi DALE,
I was looking at what I think is a heavy duty rubber strap that stops the door and keeps it from swinging open to far. I have seen
the same door stop used on the original Eagle conversion shells. I
also might be interested in something that would hold the door open. What do you have. THANKS for your response.
ARTHUR
wlnburg
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F401802
Bus Model: 1964 01 Eagle and 1972 05 Eagle

Post by wlnburg »

Dale
I have been looking for something to keep the door from opening to far. If you have something like that let me know. I have already broken one window on my 05. Thanks and good luck.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I have had the same problem. I just used some Kevlar type material that they sell at a hydraulic store that goes over the hose to protect it. I had one strap on first, broke one window, then put on two straps and so far it's worked OK. I installed it so when the door is open it is quite a ways from the mirror, but still stretches a little so it's not a hard stop.

HTH
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

The thing that I see in the picture that I think you are talking about is not actually a door stop. It is a rubber strap latch. I am contacting the manufacturer that I work with to see if they have what we need.

I spoke to Wayne this morning and I am going to send him my 200+ page catalog and he is going to help me decide which products would be most useful to us as converters. Eventually I will try to get everything online but his input will help me get started with the most needed stuff.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Dale,

Is the store open yet .......I definitely need some hardware now....... right now.. :lol: Have you got an online catalog up somewhere I can browse through.

Kentucky Steve
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Steve,

I can send you a PDF version to look through. Still trying to get ideas on what Eagle converters might use the most. Wayne marked up a catalog for me. Maybe you can do the same. This company has pretty good stuff but they are kinda hard to get going with. They don't have a complete price list to send me. I have to ask for prices on individual items. So I am making a list of what might be the most common items. Send me your e-mail address please.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Dale, you might want to bring a couple to Quartzsite and several of us will go over it. Not sure how much I will help, but there will be folks there that will be glad to give you their opinion.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I'll do that, Jim! Thanks for the idea!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van