Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

6V92TA Turbo Exhaust Pipe Needed

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
bobcat1989
Bus Model: 1995 Eagle Model 20 Caldwell Coach Conversion - "PREAGLE"

6V92TA Turbo Exhaust Pipe Needed

Post by bobcat1989 »

Anyone know where to get the turbo exhaust pipe for the DD6V92TA? I need the one if at back of the coach looking to front, LEFT side, with the expansion piece in it. It is broken at the flange next to turbo stub. Its either part # 5101394 or 5101413? Again, at back looking it the one on the left side. http://www.busfixx.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has new at $500.00 (+/-) and repair flange part for $30.00 (+/-). Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I may have double posted this, its my first post.
Mike & Cheryl Kelley
Crossett, AR
1995 (Titled as Such) Model 20 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
12" Raised - Caldwell Coach - "PREAGLE"
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: 6V92TA Turbo Exhaust Pipe Needed

Post by luvrbus »

Top mount turbo or front mount the parts number does not do me much good
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Mike. Welcome to our family.

I can't quite picture what part you need and what is wrong with the part you have. If you can give us a picture it might help. If you have any problems posting a photo, send it to the eaglesinternational address where we had our discussion and I will post it for you.

Several folks have found ways to repair the existing part. If I am thinking of the correct part, they often have flange failures. If that is the case, you can order formed flanges that can be welded to your part. Here is an example:

http://www.4statetrucks.com/exhaust/sem ... e_4576.asp

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
bobcat1989

Post by bobcat1989 »

Well its the pipe from the manifold to the turbo and yes the flange is just busted loose. I spoke with a bus guy in Kansas today and he is sending me a flange that can be welded on for the repair. It is a front mount I believe, its right in the front of the engine from outside. I will try to post a pic or will send it to jim. Found it when I was changing fuel filters, noticed soot on parts, touched pipe and noticed it was completely broken loose. The reason I was changing filters was it was black smoking when I was returning it to storage so i changed air, fuels and coolant system while I was in there. I am new to the bus world so please bear with me as I learn all the parts and pieces, its alot different from Cuda's and Altered dragsters,,,LOL,,,
Mike & Cheryl Kelley
Crossett, AR
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

I tried the same approach a couple of years ago. replace the flange & all will be ok. Well that didn't last long. I submit to you that the integrity of the whole unit is questionable. It's just a matter of time & you'll probably have to replace the whole assembly. you were probably experiencing the black smoke because of the break in this pipe. Your turbo wasn't being properly fed. Clifford posted in another thread about this same issue that you can get all new parts including the flex & build it yourself or get one from Jefferson before they go up another $100.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
bobcat1989

Post by bobcat1989 »

Who is Jefferson,,,,I am willing to buy new one if at all possible, having trouble getting those guys at Bus Service, Inc. to even answer the phone,,,my local muffler shop doesn't have 3" dies so I am grounded until I find a fix,,,thanks for all help,,,
Mike & Cheryl Kelley
Crossett, AR
bobcat1989

Post by bobcat1989 »

Sorry just checked the other post and found Jefferson info,,,thx,,,
Mike & Cheryl Kelley
Crossett, AR
bobcat1989

Post by bobcat1989 »

Just ordered BOTH sides from Ed at Jefferson,,,be here Friday so back on raod again,,thanks for contact info,,
Mike & Cheryl Kelley
Crossett, AR
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Hey Mike,
If you don't mind sharing how much are those pipe assemblies up to now?
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Mike, when you get the parts, be sure to take pictures. We need to post some details as this comes up every so often. You can send me the photos and I will post them if you wish.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.