Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

6V92TA Turbo Exhaust Pipe Needed

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Re: 6V92TA Turbo Exhaust Pipe Needed

Post by akroyaleagle »

Well Heck! Sign me up for one SS for each side for my front mounted turbo 8V92.

I don't even need one, but at the right price, I believe in being prepared.

It seems to me they might be slightly different if the turbo mount is not factory.

I would also like a SS turbo out to the muffler pipe. It's too cold to go measure it but it must be about 5" or better. Probably 6' long and hand made to fit where I wanted it. I have to replace it or fix it because of a couple of holes. I would rather ship it to Randy and have it duplicated. I think that would be the only way to ensure it fits correctly.

I have always believed there must be a better way. With 500 members now and all the folks on the other boards there is a vast pool of experience which can only make it more enjoyable for us!

This thread intrigues me as it should others that think outside the box!
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Wonder what the price could get down to with this alternative sorcering? Sorry I meant sourcing... heehee...
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I would venture to say Jerry is paying about the same as I do but he has to order in and it may be in stock for a couple of years before he sells a set

He has overhead like any other business with his cash tied up for year or better so and that cuts into his fishing money lol it takes Williams a week or so here to get a set so you pay a little more or wait

Clifford
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

No problem Clifford. When I ordered mine I was told they have a source that builds them & were out. It only took a week.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Yep John but you can still build the one a lot cheaper than buying it from DD or Jefferson most people just look for a fast and easy way out and that costs lol

Clifford
bobcat1989
Bus Model: 1995 Eagle Model 20 Caldwell Coach Conversion - "PREAGLE"

Post by bobcat1989 »

Well being here in L.A. (Lower Arkansas) I went to three different muffler shops and no one had a 3" die for the bending machines or pipe,,,smaller sizes as well as 4" & 5" for the bigger trucks, local NAPA didn't have correct size flex, mention "BUS" and they think your crazy, so that is why I went with Jefferson. Ed was super to work with and in two days I was on the road and the pipes (ordered both sides just because) looked great and fit perfectly. Sometimes its not a matter of money, stress kills and you can't take your money with you, and your other half, well I won't go there with the "I told you so secnerio",,,,bottom line, I really enjoy all the feedback and knowledge that is on our forum and appreciate everyone for the information. Hopefully I can be of some help to you guys one day when I learn the ins and outs to the "BUS",,,,think I'm gonna start using "COACH", that'll really blow their minds,,,,
Mike & Cheryl Kelley
Crossett, AR
1995 (Titled as Such) Model 20 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
12" Raised - Caldwell Coach - "PREAGLE"