Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

45 102 HERCULES ENTERTAINER COACH

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

45 102 HERCULES ENTERTAINER COACH

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

I found this coach for sale in Tennesse. It has since been moved to Arkansas. I was seriously entertaining the idea of building another coach from the ground up but has since reconsidered. The current owner is a small gospel group who says it to expensive to keep. His price on this bus is $49,900. This is his bank verified payoff. I have no interest or monetary gain in listing this coach. Just wanted to try to help the gentleman sell it.

I looked the coach over very carefully and found minor surface rust. No structure issues above the bay doors, fender wells, engine bay, etc. The tires would need to be replaced a.s.a.p. They are 24.5 tires on alcoa aluminum stud piloted wheels (known to be standard on buses). Both caps have damage ( looks as if the driver dont look up when maneuvering either foward or reverse) to sides. Fuse panel looks to be solid and clean, again minor surface rust. I'm thinking the radiator door had more rust damage than any other part of the coach and it was minimal. This is a high driver conversion.

This coach has an 8v92 turbo and 4 speed tranny. I'm not good with tranny models just yet. I test drove the bus for approximtely 20 miles and believe it or not, it handled better than mine. I wasn't fighting the steering to keep it in the road. There was plenty of power there for a two stroke. I did notice some blistering on both sides of the coach where the skin covered the original windows.

This is where I was asking serious questions as to whether this was a true model 15 coach (I thought it was). The axles on the coach are wider than the standard axles on a 96 inch wide coach. This coach is definitely 102" wide and the axles and tires are flush with the coach side. Not like a widened 96" wide coach where the axles are tucked deep into the fender well. Also, the torsilastic seem to be in good shape. The coach sat low in the back but there were more than 6 inches of thread sticking out past the nut on all axles.

I looked all over the coach for the original vin number, it was never found. The title reads 1997 HERC 45/102. The retitled vin number is 1H9MC45D6UK199013. The owner's name is Bobby Waldrop (not sure if he's kin to Vernon T.Waldrop or not lol) and his number is 479-883-2929. I have several pictures that can be sent upon request. I will post a few here.

Last edited by SIVRTNGE2 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: 45 102 HERCULES ENTERTAINER COACH

Post by luvrbus »

The 4 speed is throwing me in a model 15 they never had a 4 speed are you sure you didn't miss 1 or 2 shifting lol did it have a drop box ?
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

luvrbus wrote:The 4 speed is throwing me in a model 15 they never had a 4 speed are you sure you didn't miss 1 or 2 shifting lol did it have a drop box ?
Clifford,
All I can say honestly is the shift tower shows a 4 speed. It is a Hercules conversion so there's no telling what it was originally! What do you think about my theory with the axles? Am I thinking correctly or no?
--
Bill
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Bill,lots of Eagle owners adjust that look with different outset and inset wheels

Clifford
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Bill, I have a Hercules Coach you will never find the original vin number. Look up Trailways Red on the archives it was a long post.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

luvrbus wrote:Bill,lots of Eagle owners adjust that look with different outset and inset wheels

Clifford
Yes sir I do understand that. However, being in trucking as long as I have, and dealing with different wheels and offsets and insets, I can tell you that the wheel is definitely the standard 24.5 " x 8.25" alcoa stud piloted standard offset which I think is 6.62".

Maybe I overlooked something but I don't think I did. I'm not up to speed on the model 07 but wasn't they 102" wide with wide axles? Didn't Eagle change the axles back to what they considered standard for the model 05s and 10s? I'm just wanting an education from some of you well educated Eagle Nuts out there!!! Don't be shy, chime in and help school me!!!
Please!!!
--
Bill
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Nope the 07 has the same rear axle as a 05 or 10 the boogies and the front axle are set out.

I don't know what year they changed but Bob Ward's 15 has the narrow axle so does Vans, that bus sure looks like it has a 15 engine compartment

Clifford
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Manny,
Thanks for the information. I just read your saga on your vin number. Y'all took the blunt of the work for me. I noticed the vin number is incomplete and will correct it shortly.

Clifford,
According to Manny's past experience, I'm going to roll the dice and check out the speedometer tomorrow!!! I have always thought it was a model 15 but I dont think it's a 97 model. Also, the vin number dont check out with what was posted on Manny's history. They used 9 for the 3rd character and a U for the 10th character. It was mentioned that u is not used in vins.
--
Bill
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

If it had the original side molding on it the serial number will be there also hey have a happy birthday also
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Thanks for the Birthday shout out Clifford!!! What trim molding are you referring to???
--
Bill