Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Any Good Model 15 Swing Out Radiators Out There?

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Timkar
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 217219S
Bus Model: 1969 Eagle 07

Re: Any Good Model 15 Swing Out Radiators Out There?

Post by Timkar »

Jack,
A fellow over on Mak board has info on an Eagle 15 swing out rad...here is link

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index ... ic=23387.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1969 Eagle 07 #2012
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Someone needs to jump on that one, 500 bucks!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
PAmodel15
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15

Post by PAmodel15 »

Bummer, ha ha.
Well not so funny. I have already ordered a core. I will check for sure with the supplier tomorrow to see if I can cancel but I doubt it.

Many thanks for the heads up and offer. I will post tomorrow if I need it but that is a great deal. I believe I am paying 1600 for the blank core. I have to drill all of the tank holes and repair the end tanks myself.

Again thanks so much for the great offer.
PAModel15
Jack Weigand
Mountain Top PA
1989 Model 15
PAmodel15
Club Member
Club Member

Post by PAmodel15 »

Yep, I am stuck with the core I ordered, it will be here tomorrow. Thanks all for the help, it almost worked and would have saved me a pile of money.
PAModel15
Jack Weigand
Mountain Top PA
1989 Model 15
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Jack, in the long run, I think you will look back and be glad that you put the new core in and fabricated the tanks.

There is almost nothing worse that worrying about overheating problems on a big long hill.

The $500 radiator may sound good, but it is used and maybe quite a ways into its useful life.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

That I will agree on Jim for 500 couldn't be much that is junk price then you would never know it could have been a bargain he just states never installed no reason no size and there were 3 sizes for the 15.

Jack order the gasket for the top and bottom the gasket tape people sale is the pits to work with been there and done huh Leroy lol the pre cut gaskets will make life easier for you making the tanks and drilling the holes

good luck
Clifford
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

Gaskets, gaskets and more votes for gaskets.
I understand that Jefferson does have gaskets Ed just did not know where they were stored/hidened.
PAmodel15
Club Member
Club Member

Post by PAmodel15 »

Thanks to everyone for the information and help. I will give Ed a call in the morning and see if he can find the gaskets. I have taken shortcuts in my life and most did not turn out well. I see there is a lot at risk and I would rather bite it now and do it correct one time. I am still having fun with this but it is a really expensive hobby, HA HA! Preachin to the choir here, HA HA! Oh well I still have some other vehicles I can sell.

Again thanks for the help.
PAModel15
Jack Weigand
Mountain Top PA
1989 Model 15