Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

For sale-How can I determine a sale price for my Eagle bus

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
number3
Bus Model: 1984 Silver eagle Suburban 10

For sale-How can I determine a sale price for my Eagle bus

Post by number3 »

I have a 1984 eagle model 10S. It has a 6V92 with an allison automatic transmission. The interior conversion is 95% done with ALL New carpet, walls, cabinets, RV furniture, bathroom with large shower, holding tanks, pump, Hot water heater,2-Carrier low profile Air units and interior lights etc. The exterior has the middle windows removed and tin skins put in(they did a bad job and should be re-done). It has alcoa alluminum rims with good tires. I have added a very nice roof deck system so we could stand on the top at nascar races. I am like most bus guys that has way to much into the project for what it will sell for. I would like to set a "move it now" price so someone will get a great deal on a project that is well on its way.
Any help with bus values would be great. I have pictures if anyone is interested.

Thank you,
Troy.

**Edit** Click here to see Troy's slideshow with pictures.
Last edited by number3 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: For sale-How can I determine a sale price for my Eagle bus

Post by Songman »

Troy,
Do you have a Photobucket account to share your pictures? If not, it is free and is the best way to let everyone know what you have. I'll be glad to help if you need it. Just send me a PM if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Dale
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Troy, first of all, welcome to the forum.

Selling a bus in this market is a real challenge. Prices are just a few cents on the dollar invested.

The real challenge it to let folks know what you have for sale. As Dale mentions, you really need to take a ton of photos and post them somewhere for folks to see what you have for sale. Your word description does not begin to help folks know what you have. Folks need to know the floor plan, quality of materials/components used, quality of construction. Further, they need to know that all safety aspects have been properly implemented (mostly related to the electrical system).

Next, folks need to know what "big" items your coach has. These items include the generator, inverter, battery bank, etc.. Each of those items have a huge spread in quality, so folks need specifics. For example is the generator a name brand or a cheap construction unit? Is the inverter a $120 Wal Mart special, or a $4K full sine wave/three stage charge unit.

Then we need to know about the bus itself. Eagles (and other buses to a lesser degree) rust and the buyer will need to know the rust status. Eagle suspension is unique and folks will want to know the amount of Torsilastic adjustment left.

Sadly, many folks don't take the effort to really document what they have, give up when folks don't beat a path to their door and end up scrapping their coach. That does not have to happen if you have something of value that folks will want to buy.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
number3

Post by number3 »

Thank you for the information. I just started a photo bucket account and will get what pictures I have put on line and I will go get some additional pictures of the bus. As far as the generator,converter,invertor type products that was next on my list so I dont have anything installed that has quality. Is it best for me to list all the things done vs. things needed or wait until someone has an interest in the bus?

Click here to see Troy's slideshow with pictures.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Troy, on the big items, it is not an issue that you don't have them. The issue would be that if you do have them you need to list them.

Everybody approaches how they sell their bus (or anything else) differently. I am on the side of detailing all I can about the item for sale - both in writing and photos. I try to be very comprehensive and honest. I think that gives the prospective buyer details for his/her decision and also gives them the comfort of dealing with a good seller.

Indeed, I can't see how a person would be interested in your bus if they did not have a certain amount of details.

You started off asking what we thought your bus might be worth. Same issue here. We can't begin to give you an idea of value until we have details/photos.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 87956
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01

Post by glmccon »

Has it been raised??

Is it a 35Ft???? doesn't look like it, but I don't see a tag axle!!
George and Glynda McConaughey
1966 Eagle 01
George cell (813) 966-7513
Glynda cell (619) 248-4080
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

It's a 40 foot Suburban, Glynda. Notice that it has 4 bay doors. The other bay door is where the bogie is on Eagles so equipped. Remember the green and silver model 15 at the rally that belonged to the Gospel group? Theirs was the same way.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
number3

Post by number3 »

Thank you for fixing my link to photo bucket. I will be adding more pictures soon. I am going to place a couple adds at $18,000 to see if that generates any interest.