Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Quartzsite Flea Market

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F92654
Bus Model: Eagle -01 1967 Cummins M-11 10 spd OD RR

Quartzsite Flea Market

Post by rhbelter »

Quartzsite Flea Market.
Ahoy, Eagles, and ‘Other guys’,
I have a few odds’n’ends which I will bring to Quartzsite.
ABS water tank which I fabricated, but didn’t use. Never been put into service. It’s 24” high, 22” wide, 24” long, of ¼” ABS. Top comes off with ss screws, and cork gasket (method works just fine for years on my other tanks). Easy to modify with ABS and plumber’s ABS cement. I use these ABS tanks for holding, and for fresh water for washing/flushing. I use a dedicated 16 gallon PVC tank for potable water. Scheme works great, because you have enough potable water so that you are able to refill only when you are comfortable with the source. The washing/flushing water from any casual source is not so critical this way. Any offer, but it ought to be worth $40.00. Also, you can see how easy it is to build one of these tanks for a ‘perfect’ fit.
Steering wheel: VIP Model BTBL 20242 SS 20” dia, stands 3” high to center of the plastic rim. I bought it new (for I believe ~~$65.00) and installed it on my -01 Eagle. It includes the splined hub. I needed more ‘dish, so got a taller one. Re-finish the spokes, wrap this one with leather, and you have a real good’un. Try $20.00

12vdc Delco Remy alternator regulators -- four of them. P/N9000551 These are the big (~~4”x8”x3”) adjustable ones to control the big oil cooled alternators on the DD’s and old Eagle air cooled. I’ve been controlling an 80 amp brushless Delco with one of them for years. Now going to a three stage Prosine.
I checked each of these several years ago as OK. If dead now -- $$$$ back. I called an industrial electric company to see what these things – working – are worth. They said $150.00. In my opinion, they are not worth that much now, because for ~~$300.00 to maybe even $200.00, you can get a three stage controller which does a much better job. Say $75.00 each.
Coolant circulator pump. The big ‘industrial strength’ brass pump body unit used on old Eagles, GM’s and such. They are powerful and very rebuildable. Universal Electric Co. Model 44-001 13.5 vdc.
I had planned to use these in my hydronic HVAC system, but they are way too powerful. I use one as my main engine to hydronic circulator, and I have one carried spare. I have two (2ea) of these available. New bearings, seals, commutator turned, brushes OK. Considering how good these are compared with present day practice, I’d like $150.00 each for them.
See you there /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Quartzsite Flea Market

Post by van »

Bob,any chance you might have a couple of eagle emblems laying around,or maybe SS piano hinge for my entrance door conversion?thanks
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Eagles,

No emblems -- I need some myself.

Piano hinge -- YES
New stainless steel -- 3" open, free 0.1875" pin, 0.070" thick, 57" long (You need ~~45").
A VERY robust piece of hinge for your door. No holes, and this stuff is TOUGH to drill.
Let me know if you want me to bring it along.

Also, I have some 'near new' wheel studs for steel wheels. I installed them new, and when I changed to Alcoa, removed them. NEVER overtourqed. (my old ones were so overtourqed so often that they looked like buttress threads).

Shurflow water pump(s) little used 2.8 gpm

Enjoy /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Bob,what are you looking to get for the hinge?thanks
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Van,
I've called a hinge outfit to see what these things cost, but Friday -- no answer.

I'll let you know.

Enjoy /s/ Bob
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks Bob,see ya when we get there.
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, VAN,

The piano hinge which I have is NOT what I used for my door hinge. My door hinge is a piece of SS hinge which is 3" open, 0.090" thick, and includes a 0.25" pin. You probably need this sort of robust hinge. Mine works just fine.

I need about 24" more of this hinge, and so we can buy a piece of 72" stock, and you can have ~~ 47" of the same stuff.

I have a source. The cost of the 'stick' is about $80.00 We can talk about it at "Q".

Enjoy /s/ Bob
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

sounds like a plan Bob we'll be in fri after dark :D