Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Looking for our first Eagle....

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Carbone
Bus Model: Have been wanting one for years and have been actively looking for a few months, came very very close 4-30-11. Holding out for the right Eagle. Don't mind traveling to look at the right deal. More than happy to inspect something in Tulsa or the surrounding areas. I have worked at International truck for many years. My work keeps me all over the state so odds are I will be near it soon anyway.

Looking for our first Eagle....

Post by Carbone »

Just home from another 16 hour Eagle hunting expedition with no diesel smoke in the driveway yet but I know (the hard way) that patience always pays big rewards. Located in Tulsa,OK I would be happy to inspect/' look at anything in our area for members of this forum. I have worked at International truck for quite a few years and know how to look over and under these big toys. If anyone has any leads or suggestions please don't hesitate to shoot them my way. I also wanted to take a moment to thank this board. Over the last year I have spent many hours reading over the forums and they have no doubt kept me from making a bad buying decision. Its great what you go do for each other.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Looking for our first Eagle....

Post by beltguy »

Hi Steve. Welcome to our wonderful group.

I am sure that you have gone through the Eagle Mall. Over the past several months, there have been a bunch of Eagles posted. Many are from members of this group, but several are links to Eagles for sale elsewhere.

Give us an idea of what you are looking for. Do you want a bus to build your own, or one that is finished? The prevailing thought is that the finished units are the real bargains.

You are hitting the market at a very good time. Prices are in the toilet.

We will be glad to help get you into the fraternity :lol: :roll:

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Welcome Steve!

I'm glad you found us! ;)

As Jim said, give us some idea on what you are looking for. A seated coach to convert, a shell, or one that is finished that needs your special touch to make it your own. Do you plan to boon-dock, or stay hooked up to a pole? Lots of decisions to make on what you intend to do with your dream.

As with anything, give us your high budget, so we can keep an Eagle eye out for ya. :D

Jim is correct, the prices for coaches are in the toilet. Now is a great time to pick one up.

If I can help in any way in the Austin TX area let me know.

Have fun looking!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Post by Two Feathers »

Welcome Steve,

I happen to have on 78-05 that will be going on the market shortly. I really hate to see my friends saying that Eagle prices are in the toilet! That may be true but as an owner that really enjoys his bus I hate to hear that statement. We enjoy our bus so much that we are building another one. It should be ready to drive in the next few months. We really haven't really started to market our current bus at this point but will be starting that process shortly. If you, or anyone else, are interested in looking at our bus please let us know in a PM. Low prices or high prices we will be on the market soon.

Dave and Lois St. John
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle
Carbone
Bus Model: Have been wanting one for years and have been actively looking for a few months, came very very close 4-30-11. Holding out for the right Eagle. Don't mind traveling to look at the right deal. More than happy to inspect something in Tulsa or the surrounding areas. I have worked at International truck for many years. My work keeps me all over the state so odds are I will be near it soon anyway.

Post by Carbone »

Definitely the current market is what has driven us to buy now. We would prefer a finished unit. Started looking for a shell and did the math and quickly realized finished units are the way to buy right now. Looking in the $25k range. Seems to be plenty of options just have not found the right one. Don't mind a little project, but nothing major. Yesterday looked at a former musician tour bus with the intention of adding an inverter and a shower but it was not meant to be. Gorgeous on the outside, the underside and drivetrain not so much. Not going to be full timers just wanting to spend more fun time with our 8 & 13 year old girls before they get too grown up to have fun with mom and dad. NASCAR, lake outings, 3-4 day excursions, etc. I found a killer deal on an MCI but it just doesn't have the look of an Eagle. I will be in Salt Lake 3rd or 4th week of May for work. Would love to drive home in a new bus......
dws

Post by dws »

i'm will be looking at a bus in Tulsa next weekend any pointers at what to look at I would be thankful
Daryl
High Ridge Mo
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Steve, it would take a ton of words to give you everything you need to thoroughly inspect an Eagle.

It would help to know what model and whether it is converted or not. If it is an 01, you will need to be very careful of the Torsilastics, as they are no longer available. For the 05/10/15 you will still need to check the height of the bus and look at how much adjustment is left on the Torsilastic screws. The spec is 14 inches at the bottom of the bus in front of the bogey and to the rear of the front axle. Some folks measure from the fender well, but I can't remember that number.

Obviously, you will need to look for rust. Look in the driver front utility doors, in the bays, around the wheel wells, and in the engine compartment.

Engine is a book unto itself. Mostly look at how it starts cold and how much is smokes.

Report your findings here before you buy. They are not flying out the window, so you should be able to take a few days to come back here and tell us what you find.

We have a chapter member in Wagoner, OK (fairly close) who might be able to help you inspect the bus.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
dws

Post by dws »

rv_safetyman wrote:Steve, it would take a ton of words to give you everything you need to thoroughly inspect an Eagle.

It would help to know what model and whether it is converted or not. If it is an 01, you will need to be very careful of the Torsilastics, as they are no longer available. For the 05/10/15 you will still need to check the height of the bus and look at how much adjustment is left on the Torsilastic screws. The spec is 14 inches at the bottom of the bus in front of the bogey and to the rear of the front axle. Some folks measure from the fender well, but I can't remember that number.

Obviously, you will need to look for rust. Look in the driver front utility doors, in the bays, around the wheel wells, and in the engine compartment.

Engine is a book unto itself. Mostly look at how it starts cold and how much is smokes.

Report your findings here before you buy. They are not flying out the window, so you should be able to take a few days to come back here and tell us what you find.

We have a chapter member in Wagoner, OK (fairly close) who might be able to help you inspect the bus.

Jim

Thanks Jim this is my first time on so I'm trying my best. The bus i'm looking at is a 1983 and i plan on traveling to tulsa next weekend to inspect. my take my grandson and get a 4 year old opinion LOL

Daryl Schoolfield
Daryl
High Ridge Mo
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Daryl, my apologies. For some reason, I thought that the previous thread was posted by Steve (the original poster). Need to be a bit more observant before I post.

After I thought about my previous post, the logistics should probably be for you to take a look at the bus and give it your best inspection. Take a ton of pictures and post them on something like Photobucket. You can then post a small number here and then we can go to Photobucket to look at them all. If you post pictures here, you might want to start a new thread, so we can keep the folks looking for Eagles (yeah!!!!) separate.

If you like what you see, then we should have someone take a second look at it.

If you have some sort of ad link that you can post, someone might be familiar with the bus and give you an opinion.

I would strongly suggest that you not buy the bus after your first inspection. Let us help you with your thought process.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

OK folks, we have Steve and Daryl (and probably others) looking for Eagles. That is a great thing, and we need to do all we can to help them with their search.

One thing I strongly recommend is obtaining a copy of Gary LaBombard's CD. I think it is a great place to start if you are new at the game. See this thread:

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/foru ... f=6&t=1784

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO