Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

'88 M20 GSA Eagle up for auction

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

'88 M20 GSA Eagle up for auction

Post by Boomer »

There is a 1988 M20 GSA bus coming up for auction on the 27th. Located Lansing, Michigan. Looks pretty good from the low quality pictures. Non restroom, 6V, missing one mirror but looks solid otherwise. Looks like an Allison. What do you gurus think it's worth? I checked the VIN against the Eagle records and it appears they transposed some numbers, VIN has to be wrong. See at http://www.govliquidation.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: '88 M20 GSA Eagle up for auction

Post by Songman »

That "Cummins engine' looks an awful lot like a 6V92. Not sure about the complete VIN but the 90017 sounds rights.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Mark if this bus was maintained by GSA at TACOM, this is most definitely a good bus. I Did My Abrams Depot level training there ( 3 months), the facility as well as the personnel are squared away, As was the G-Ride maintenance shack. If by chance anyone sees a used Abrams up for auction I would be pleased as punch if you'd gimme a heads up :lol: :lol: :lol: That bus is worth a look, never know ;) might be a winner :D

V.
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: 398939
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)
1983 Eagle 10, 8V92TA, HT-740, 102" wide 7" roof raise

Post by Bustyme »

Mark,
Thinking of you....how you feeling? Bet you wish you were in Branson like we are!
Would you have to raise that M20 if you converted it? Is it a 45 footer? Think you could get that thing for $2500 or less? Don't know....just pondering the possibilities!!

Randy
Bustyme
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Hi Randy. I am getting better every day and starting to do normal things again. Still a little problem breathing but that's getting better too. Yes, we are dissapointed that we did not make Branson, but, next time. Will see you all at Q. That's a 40 and I bet Dan Lenz can tell us how those '88 GSA's were speced out. No restroom to deal with is attractive. In fact I think the whole bus is attractive.

Van I think it says something about being located at an armored facility on the auction site. I betcha that milage might be the true milage on it. Engine sure looks fresh don't it? Would make a nice shell or even a parts rig. They usually go pretty cheap over there. But, I don't think I need a fourth bus right now, especially one so far from home. Is tempting though. If I was converting that bus I wouldn't raise it I have come to the conclusion that raising is not worth the hassle unless you are real tall guy. I would keep the roof line clean and keep the stock caps I think they look a lot better that way. What does everyone think it might go for? 1,500 or so?
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Mark, if goes for around 2,000 Van and I will be headed out to pick that baby up only thing I worry about is the torque tubes in that climate they get water in the tubes then they freeze and split.I am trying to find someone to go look at it and will let you know

Clifford
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Boomer »

Thanks Clifford. Who knows what part of the country it could have come from. They even used them as far away as Greenland so who knows. I only know one guy close enough to go check it out for me but my gut feeling tells me this one is a pretty good one.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Be happy to go get that one, Warren Mich, my favorite place on earth, TACOM!! :D
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Thats Kinda Where Im From Is Warren Mi, Well Thats Where All My Grandparents Lived When They Where Alive.
Know The Area Well.
So...Thats Where The Bus Is At ?

I Could Maybe Get A Friend To Do A Look Over ??

Let Me Know If I Can Be Of Help

John
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: 398939
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)
1983 Eagle 10, 8V92TA, HT-740, 102" wide 7" roof raise

Post by Bustyme »

John,
I'm half assed interested in this deal. If I thought I could get (steal) this bus I think it would be a good platform for a conversion. I said I would never go this route.....but it is a bit tempting. I'm wondering if anyone else is drueling or not and we'd end up in bidding contest. Love to know more about it. I'd be willing to gamble a couple of grand just to see what happens! Be worth it just for the adventure of going back to Michigan to bring it home to California! If it's easy for someone to scope it out...let me know.

Randy