Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Quality RV and Coach work

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
paintbylos
Bus Model: n/a

Quality RV and Coach work

Post by paintbylos »

Carpentry and/or Paint and Body work for reasonable prices. Seven years. exp. in coach works. Will do automotive paint and body also. San Antonio and surrounding areas. Free estimates. Call Carlos @ 210-605-1351.
busconv
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F145439
Bus Model: 1990 Model 15, but first registered in 1996 so title has that date. Hidden in a barn till late 1995...when I bought it the mileage was 2227, now 134,000 plus. Shell built at factory to be motor home, raised roof, high driver etc.

Re: Quality RV and Coach work

Post by busconv »

Carlos...I have a 96 model 15 Eagle that was painted in 1996. Over the years the clear coat has started to peel on the roof and now the whole roof needs to be painted and clearcoated again. It should be wet sanded all over and the top of the front cap also needs redoing. Can you give me a rough estimate of a cost and time needed? I will be spending time in the Rio Grande Valley starting in a few days and am now in Dallas. Can you call me at 818-426-7002....thanks, Bill Creighton
1996 Model 15 Factory raised roof etc for motor home
1989 but first titled in 1996 (new shell hidden in a barn)
8V92/DDECII/740 Allison
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Bill, You may want to call him. His last visit was on August 20th.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
busconv
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1990 Model 15, but first registered in 1996 so title has that date. Hidden in a barn till late 1995...when I bought it the mileage was 2227, now 134,000 plus. Shell built at factory to be motor home, raised roof, high driver etc.

Post by busconv »

Paul...thanks and I have talked to him. Discovered his # after posting the message...guess I am missing a lot for almost 80! Not sure... as he does not have a building for doing the work...does it outside! Estimated price seemed reasonable but wonder what i end up with.
You note my post and what I need...have any suggestions? Figure I will try to sell the coach in next couple of years and do not want to put too much into it as I probably will not get it back in the sale price. It is probably one of the lowest original mile model 15 Eagles around...now at 130,000. I got it in 1996 with 2227 from new after it was hidden in barn for six years.
Bill
8V92/DDECII/740 Allison
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Bill, I see you live in Mission, TX during the winter months. I don't know of anyone in the area to recommend. If you ever get to Oregon, Mike Wilson in Eugene could help you out. Here is his website. http://www.willyscustomconcepts.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He has done some of the Eagles that on on here. Boomer and luvrbus are just one example.

I talked with him at Busn' USA this past June and he does amazing work. He even offered me to bring our Eagle up and he would shoot it if I did the prep work. It's hard to pass up on an offer like that. I need to redo mine as I shot the metallic color and found out I'm no painter! :oops:

There is one outfit here in Abilene that has a booth large enough for a coach. But I wasn't all that pleased with a 4107 I saw in there.

A good friend of ours here in Abilene, does auto body and paint. He doesn't have a booth though. He's offered to shoot ours if I do the prep. Most of the time if it's done outdoors and not too windy it will come out just fine. Any bugs or contaminants can be sanded and buffed out. I did ours outside and didn't notice too much trash.

You might reconsider Carlos as he's pretty close.

Are you going to Branson? Our little bus rally is right before that one. Would be nice to meet you. If not and you are ever in Abilene, give us a shout!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

busconv
Club Member
Club Member

Post by busconv »

We are in Dallas at the moment and due at our Mission home Oct 4th for doctors appointments. Too bad as I would have enjoyed coming to your rally and Branson. I made them before I was aware of the upcoming gatherings. We have only been to a few EI meetings but been members for about ten years. There is one fellow near me who has done some touchup on my van and maybe he could do it for me....otherwise perhaps Carlos later in October. I could drive it up and live in it while he doing the work while my wife stayed in Mission. Time will tell. I really have enjoyed spending time on the Eagle web site these last few days...and plan to do more in the future. Regards....Bill
8V92/DDECII/740 Allison
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

We will have TBR around the same time next year. Look for upcoming information for TBR 2011.

Good Luck on your paint redo!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740