Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Does anyone know this Bus?

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
longjohn
Bus Model: Dont have a bus yet

Does anyone know this Bus?

Post by longjohn »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beautifu ... 8?pt=Buses
Anyone Know anything about this coach , seen it on ebay numerous times lots of questions anyone close to los cruces? the wording in the ad (this just my thoughts) are not those of someone who has any feelings for this coach other than its for sale. ( no offense intended to anyone ) it seems to be a nice bus .
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Does anyone know this Bus?

Post by luvrbus »

That bus was listed here also that is a model 20 with a 6v92 DDEC engine not a 8v71 a NJT Eagle great bus has more features than a regular Eagle has a few draw backs also

Clifford
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Clifford,
please take me back to dd school ;) 6v92without turbo is 318? is this a good price i know that several factors need to be considered.....thanks lj .... any cooling issues with this setup?

Not a lot of experience with the older v motors, ive put lots of miles on 60series and in 30 years of beating up and down the road, mack to cummins to cat (do like my full grown kitties) but the new in 09 dd15 (in freightliner cascadia with 13speed) just cannot be beat ( it sure was hard to turn my cat hat around backwards every time i pulled the hood :oops: ) i would love to see one these engines installed in an eagle. not being well eagle versed( in otherwords a newbie) if a 3406 and a 60series will fit the dd15 should.560 hp/ hardly no turbo spool up . just keeps on steppin
Last edited by longjohn on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

John, I think the NJT 6v92 were set a 270 hp Dale knows he is the NJT expert here the 8v71's were called 318's why I don't know 304 hp was the best you could do with one without a turbo those are good buses with low mileage and the cooling is a hyd setup and the ones I have been around don't seem to have a cooling problem bump the 6v92 up to 350 hp it may become a problem but I never saw one bumped to 350 so I really don't know if that would affect the cooling or not on that bus

good luck
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Thanks Clifford,
i have followed many posts with your advice on this and other bus forum, thanks for the tips just cannot beat experience.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Welcome to the forum, John...

Here is a link I made to this bus when I first discovered it on eBay.

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/foru ... ?f=6&t=703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That was over a year ago and the guy was asking around $60k for it as the time I think. I feel bad for him. It doesn't look like a bad bus but he kept the ugly Model 20 cap on it so no one will even look at it. It really wouldn't be all that hard to recap it and get the famous Eagle look. But also, this Eagle is not raised so if you want or need more headroom it would be a bigger job.

Other than that the biggest thing that I would change would be the button tuck wall and ceiling panels inside. Also shouldn't be all that hard.

There are a lot of things I prefer about the NJT 20 as I have mentioned in numerous threads. It is true that they are not a powerhouse. I don't think they are and more or less powerful than any other stock Eagle 6V92 but combined with the gearing and the 748 transmission (with retarder) and your top speed is about 72. Mileage seems a little better than some though. I only took one trip in mine of about 400 miles but I think I got better than 9mpg. Of course the bus was completely empty at the time.

I would have to see something to prove to me that this bus has a "fully rebuilt 8V71" in it. It looks like a totally stock 6V92T to me. As a matter of fact, it doesn't look nearly as clean as the engine in my bus did and it had 100k on it. I think the guy is mistaken. This is his engine. It is not shown on the eBay ad. If it is stock as I suspect, it is a 6V92TA with DDEC II.

Some of the things on the NJT 20s I like are: raised driver area only about 8 inches lower than passenger area, hydraulic fan with swingout radiator, pantograph doors on bays, cafe doors on engine compartment, Corten steel construction. Of course, they also have power steering but that could have been found on other Eagles too. One of the biggest sellers on NJT Eagles to me is the NJT maintenance that they got from 1989 to 2001. They are among the best maintenance programs in the country and every bus was washed inside and out, top and bottom every night and parked inside.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN