Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagles on C-List

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Norsman

Eagles on C-List

Post by Norsman »

I am new at this, here are to Eagles in my price range that I am lookin at. If anyone have any info about this two Eagles, that would be great.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/rvs/1803661504.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dated 06/21

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/rvs/1785920572.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dated 06/10

Thx Ketil
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Eagles on C-List

Post by Songman »

Hi Ketil, Welcome to the forum.

Obviously the bus in GA looks better on paper if they have the records to back it up. The Texas bus looks a little cleaner on the outside. Depending on where they came from, the TX bus might have less chance of rust.

Even though the GA bus is supposed to have all the new stuff, the manual transmission would be a deal breaker for me. I just gotta have an automatic.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Whichever one you look at, ask for maintenance records. Unfortunately, church buses are not well maintained in some cases. I'm not saying it isn't, just beware.

The Texas bus does look better, but you will have to take a look at both to get a good comparison.

As Dale said, an auto is your best bet! A standard can be switched to an auto, but if you can find one with an auto it's the best way to go. Plus there is a lot of work converting it to an automatic. Clifford and others can give you a better idea.

Good Luck and Welcome!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Norsman

Post by Norsman »

Thanks for the info, the TX coach I assume is a model 15, any additional ceiling height compared to the 10. ( I thought there was 2-3 inches).
The odometer has 490k and 287 on the hub, is it likely 1.490k on the bus and 287k on motor and tranny.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

They are both Model 10s.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

If I had to choose between the two, I would take the first one, the 1985 Model 10. The 1985 Eagles had the ugraded electrical systems along with other upgrades such as beefed up frame in the bulkhead 5 area, improved bus air conditioning if you plan to keep that in place. The most important thing I see about this coach, judging by the paint scheme, is that it used to belong to American Coach Lines out of Norcross, GA. They were one of the most reputable bus operators in the country and maintained there coaches like no other company I know. I certainly can't speak for the current owners maintenance, but if they bought it from American Coach Lines and put very little miles on it, then it is probably still in great running condition. Thats just my two cents worth.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Ketil, welcome to the board!!

As I mentioned in the email from our site, there is lots of help available here.

Eagles are great buses, but you need to be very careful as you approach your purchase. There are some real "bargins" out there that will cost you a small fortune to get it ready for the road.

There are some Eagles that have bad structural rust. While that can be fixed, it is very expensive. One of our members (Gary LaBombard) has some of his rust remediation documented at: http://community.webshots.com/user/conv ... ?start=210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (you have to poke around that site a bit to get all of the details). Gary used to sell a DVD about purchasing Eagles and the work he put into his bus. He also talks about buying from the heart rather than the head.

The other issue is the Torsilastic suspension. If these need to be replaced, they are very expensive (not available for 01 models).

Just about anywhere in the US someone will be glad to go with you to inspect the bus. DO NOT buy a bus without having it inspected. There are lots of good Eagles out there, and we want you to get one.

Lastly, go to the mall forum on this site and you will see a ton of Eagles for sale (by members and links to public sites - Ebay, Craigslist, etc.)

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

A thought. While the torsalastics for the model 01 are not available new, Jefferson Bus can have yours redone. I leaned this at Busn' USA from a couple of Eagle owners. I did hear that Craig at Silver Eagle Bus was looking into having new ones made up for the 01, but have not heard if he has them available yet.

I sure hope this information is correct, you know about hearsay! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/