Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Parts for sell

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 142221
Bus Model: Pipe Creek, TX
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Parts for sell

Post by proudeagle10 »

If you read my post " Need to borrow a couple of eyes" on page 2 of (Eagle Chat) I was looking for a report on the status of our Eagle model 15, that sits in Alpena Mi.

The report i got from the shop owner and a friend that live's in Alpena, both said, that the bus has been trashed by vandals pretty bad.

We will be taking a trip to Alpena the first week of next month (June). And will be taking as much as we can off of it and the rest, will be sent to the salvage yard. ( The bus does have Alcoa's) I'll be bringing back.

You know buses have so many parts that i know i will be forgetting to remove some.

So. If you are in need of a part. Please let me know, so i can make a list of parts i need to remove and bring back.

AL proudeagle10@yahoo.com 210-833-3186

PS
The bus has a 6-92 engine.
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Re: Parts for sell

Post by Boomer »

Get the differential and drop box if you can, and the miter box.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Do 15s have mitre boxes? I know my 20 didn't.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Yep Dale the 15 had 3 different types fan drives

good luck
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

That's tough news to hear it was vandalized, If you still have the front lower bumper blade and the corner bumpers, also the rear blade, I will be in touch, as I could use a few more items possibly. :) thanks.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

luvrbus wrote:Yep Dale the 15 had 3 different types fan drives

good luck
Still a lot to learn... I thought the 20 was just a 96" version of the 15.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Dale the GSA model 20's had mitre boxes

good luck
Anthony
Bus Model: 1983 Silver Eagle 10

Post by Anthony »

Hi, I'm in need of a trans temp guage. Are the lights on the 15 the same as the 10. Im also in need of roof clearance lights and the side clearance lights off the front. If the vandals haven't smashed them all the light lenses off the rear, (all mine have faded badly). Parking brake switch off dash. I think skip needs windscreens. If you get a list of whats left there might be other stuff I could use.
Will pay the freight.
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

The first seven Eagle Model 20's that went to the GSA were actually Model 20X's. The Model 20X was 96 inches wide and had the front end of a Model 10 and the sides of a Model 15. Since the Model 15 was already in production, it was easy to mount the side frames to the 96 inch chassis. It took some time to build the tooling for the front end as it had Model 15 windshields but was 96 inches from front to rear of the clip. The Model 20X's also still had serial no's that were 30000 series just like the Model 10.

Clifford, I show only one Model 20X with a miter box setup, serial no. 31665, which went to Tonopah Test Range in Tonopah, Nevada. The other six had hydraulic systems and so did the subsequent Model 20's with the 90000 series serial no's.

Dale, All Eagles had a miter box up until March of 1987 when they installed the first hydraulic systems in the Model 15's. The first two Model 15's with hydraulic systems were serial no's 70077 and 70078 delivered to National Trails of Southfield Michigan. How do I remember this one might ask...because they were a nightmare and I was the one who had to deal with it, lol. All Model 10's had the miter box setup. It wasn't until October of 1987 that Eagle incorporated the hydraulic system into the Model 20X's and Model 20's. They would later go back to a miter box setup located in the left rear corner of the engine compartment driven by a belt off of the crankshaft pulley to the miter box and a belt from the miter box to the radiator fan hub. The condensor side was a whole other story, lol.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Eagle 20
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
6V92 DDEC II, Allison HTB748

Post by Eagle 20 »

Would love to score that whole set up to convert my model 20 hydraulic to mechanical. Any ideas were some of those might be gathering dust?

SmoothJazz wrote:The first seven Eagle Model 20's that went to the GSA were actually Model 20X's. The Model 20X was 96 inches wide and had the front end of a Model 10 and the sides of a Model 15. Since the Model 15 was already in production, it was easy to mount the side frames to the 96 inch chassis. It took some time to build the tooling for the front end as it had Model 15 windshields but was 96 inches from front to rear of the clip. The Model 20X's also still had serial no's that were 30000 series just like the Model 10.

Clifford, I show only one Model 20X with a miter box setup, serial no. 31665, which went to Tonopah Test Range in Tonopah, Nevada. The other six had hydraulic systems and so did the subsequent Model 20's with the 90000 series serial no's.

Dale, All Eagles had a miter box up until March of 1987 when they installed the first hydraulic systems in the Model 15's. The first two Model 15's with hydraulic systems were serial no's 70077 and 70078 delivered to National Trails of Southfield Michigan. How do I remember this one might ask...because they were a nightmare and I was the one who had to deal with it, lol. All Model 10's had the miter box setup. It wasn't until October of 1987 that Eagle incorporated the hydraulic system into the Model 20X's and Model 20's. They would later go back to a miter box setup located in the left rear corner of the engine compartment driven by a belt off of the crankshaft pulley to the miter box and a belt from the miter box to the radiator fan hub. The condensor side was a whole other story, lol.
Greg Roberts
New Mexico
1989 Eagle Model 20
6V92 DDEC II, Allison ATEC HTB 748
http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20