Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Craigs list-model 20

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Craigs list-model 20

Post by van »

Spotted this today, just sharing :)
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/rvs/1692189786.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DaveG
Bus Model: Currently do not own a bus, but I know people who do!

Re: Craigs list-model 20

Post by DaveG »

I've seen that ad for this bus before...maybe there isn't much interest in a 1/2 finished (or less) project?

What would someone pay for that...say as a parts bus or something?
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

DaveG wrote:I've seen that ad for this bus before...maybe there isn't much interest in a 1/2 finished (or less) project?

What would someone pay for that...say as a parts bus or something?
It's really only worth what the buyer and seller agree to. A lot of work to be done for sure.

Make a low offer, you can always go up, but not down! There's a ton of similar coaches on the market. It also depends on how bad he really wants to part with it. If he's been sitting on it for a while, he might be persuaded to let it go for 5K or less.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Other than still having the ugly cap on it he is farther than I was on my 20. At least he has a door. But I had a ton of collected goodies to go with mine, including caps and all the Peninsula double paned sliders. I think it looks like a pretty good price.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I would pay 7 grand for the bus before I would pay 12 or 15 for some of the so called conversions on the market the NJT is a good foundation to build on low mileage and good features not found on most Eagles
FWIW Dale, Sonnie now owns your x model 20 yea Jim you need to rub it in Sonnie has a electronic engine and transmission now LOL

good luck
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I thought Sonnie was selling buses instead of buying more! I had thought about contacting Doyle to see what had happened with the bus... not that I have any money or a place to park it, but I sure love that bus.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I spoke with Sonnie this past week and he was telling me all about his new toy! I'm glad he finally got it, now it'll get a good start on it's new life!

I have some personal feelings about that coach, I'll leave it at that.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Clifford, Sonnie called me the day after he got it home. Had to admit to me that it started and ran well :D ;) !

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Wonder if Sonnie has any plans for the DD once he shoe horns another kitty in it :?: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I talked to Sonnie for a while today. There is a plan for the bus. I figure I will let him tell them whenever he is ready. Probably not a secret but I wouldn't want to say without him telling me to. Like I said, I love this bus. Whenever I am ready for another Eagle, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a 20. If I had $7k and a place to park it, I might just go to FL... but I don't! :lol:
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN