Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

looking for a driver seat for my Eagle

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
67eaglenewbie
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle Conversion 01 with a 05 front cap

looking for a driver seat for my Eagle

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

i'm looking for a driver seat for my eagle i have the factory seat if anyone is looking for one i want a newer mor comfortable seat for the long drive as when we drove home from AZ my a;; hurt so bad after 10 hours in the seat or if anyone knows where to get good used parts

thanks John
xrracer321@yahoo.com e-mail
614-657-3313 cell
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: looking for a driver seat for my Eagle

Post by Dreamscape »

Look for an air ride seat, maybe in a junk yard. We have one and I really like it, has a lumbar support for the lower back. If you want cushy, consider one out of a Cadillac or Lincoln with all the bells and whistles.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
67eaglenewbie

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

Thanks paul i will run over to the pick and pull this weekend and see what they have

thanks john
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I don't know how expensive shipping would be to Ohio, but there is a transit bus salvage place out here that was going to sell me a driver's seat on an air base for something like $100. Of course they are not the big cushy seats like you find in RVs. I think for $200 he was going to sell me a Recaro on an air base. Call Joe at Zacher's Salvage. 310-480-4539. Don't quote me on the prices but it was something close to that.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

One more thought. If you find a later model Cad or Lincoln they have shoulder harnesses built into the seat back. And of course all the power this and that. I'm sure you would have to build a seat base, but that's no problem with your talents! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

67eaglenewbie

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

thanks i am going to take a look this weekend and was thinking i could just bolt it to the floor so i will be driving like a LOW LOW RIDER !!!

Just Kidding i can build a base just pull out the plasma cutter and the welder and build away it would be nice to find a air ride base and put a nice seat on it so you have all the bells and whistles and i was thinking about cutting up the base on the factory seat but it would be a shame to cut that up as it's in good shape i will let you know how it turns out i will make it easy to pull out so if i need to get to the wiring i can with ease .
i will post picture when done

Thanks John B
trucktramp

Post by trucktramp »

If you have any semi truck bone yards nearby, check them out for a used air ride seat. They can be rebuilt completely (Ryder does it all the time). Or check any heavy truck parts place, truck stop or dealer. Some of the lower line seats are not that expensive. Get a tall back seat and make sure that the bottom supports your legs. Air ride seats move up and down and glide back and forth so your back does not take a pounding. These seats are designed to be sat in for many hours non-stop. Car seats are not.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

John B, was just wondering how you did in your search for the drivers seat and what pedestal you used . any photos? :D
67eaglenewbie

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

hey van i havn't found one for the right price yet but i will post pics as soon as i get one and install it i'm puting a 32 inch lcd tv in right now and looking for a inmotion satellite im going to elkhart indy on saturday just to look at some stuff i need a fresh water tank as mine has a huge leak i found a 85 gallon that will fit right in the old ones spot for 125.00 $ and i;m going to pick it up at the same time as shipping was 200 $

take care John Brown
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

I'll bet you come back home with more than you went for! I can't wait for the day to go pillage and plunder! 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740