Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Anyone know about this Eagle?

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Anyone know about this Eagle?

Post by beltguy »

I have a friend from the CO area (grew up close to us and went to school with our girls), that is looking at an interesting Eagle. It is the second Eagle listed here http://users.cwnet.com/~thall/eagle.htm.

I told him that the 8V92 and 45 foot were not standard on a '78. Apparently the present owner added the auxiliary air suspension and outside exhausts after Wayne converted the bus. Mentioned that he should ask what the owner (or Wayne) did to the radiator system (heat issues with the 8V92).

If anyone has specific information, we would like to know.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Anyone know about this Eagle?

Post by luvrbus »

Jim, that bus has been for sale a long time is it still for sale.
I know a lot about the 1st one the guy that converted mine did it and both buses came from Vanderhoff at the same time and were converted at the same time tell him to go for that one if he can live with a 37 footer

good luck
Clifford
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: 398939
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)
1983 Eagle 10, 8V92TA, HT-740, 102" wide 7" roof raise

Post by Bustyme »

Jim,et al
I looked at the first one (John Webber's 37 footer). It was the first Eagle I looked at when I decided I had to have an 01. I really liked it for a lot of reasons (except the price!) but I didn't really know what I was looking at. It has a lot of nice features but it is heavy and they shortened it by removing the tag. I know Southern Ore. Diesel put big brakes on it. I have a load of pics of it if anyone is interested. Don't even know if John still has it or not. He bought a Prevost but liked the Eagle to take to Mexico every year...FYI

Randy Coons
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Thanks guys. Mark needs a large bus. He has a large family and they are taking off for a year long adventure.

Doesn't look like anyone knows much about the '78 45' bus.

Any other thoughts?

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Someone needs to lose those exhaust stacks up the back of that bus.
eyegel
Bus Model: 1999 Van Hool T945 Entertainer
Family of 9 on the road for a year
www.ourbigtrip.us

Post by eyegel »

We went to Marathon, FL to inspect this bus, and have a lot of photos and video if anyone is interested. It's very clean, very comfortable inside. Underneath is meticulous. The engine is even painted.

Mark
Estes Park, CO
Not an owner, yet.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Those stacks fall under the category of 'What Were They Thinking?'. Good price though and it would be easy enough to change the exhaust.

Good luck on the search, Mark. I listed a few in your thread around Nashville.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Looks like a good candidate for propane flame throwers, but seriously, a nice Eagle for sure. Good luck Mark and hope you find that perfect Bird. :D
eyegel
Bus Model: 1999 Van Hool T945 Entertainer
Family of 9 on the road for a year
www.ourbigtrip.us

Post by eyegel »

Those stacks make sense when you talk to the owner. They are fitted with the door perfectly, it opens along the curve of the base- the left one is the exhaust- keeping the dust storm to a minimum when you're into the pedal, and the curbside stack is the fresh air intake- he says that he changes the filter on an annual interval versus weekly as a result of the clean air coming in. Also of note, there is no muffler, with the exhaust going UP, the noise isn't deafening when you stand next to the motor, but it sounds hearty going by on the highway- I was excited at the sound and I'm not even a busnut (yet)- but maybe that feeling is an early warning sign. I'll include a couple of photos I took that you may find of interest. Nice and clean, we just couldn't swing his asking price anticipating a few major updates we'd have to make for our plans (adding bunks, U/D generator etc).

(Allow me a bit to figure out posting photos)

Mark
Estes Park, Co
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Mark check out the video on u tube that Paul put together on posting photos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALiEFIz ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;