Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Looking for base for rear lights

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
wal1809
Bus Model: 1984 Silver Eagle Model 10

Looking for base for rear lights

Post by wal1809 »

I hope you don't mind it Luvrbus but I needed a photo to show what I need. My lenses are good but the bases that mount to the bus are shot. I suspect they are leaking because they are cracked. I am looking to buy a set. If you have any in good shape let me know please.

You can tell by the red the location of the light.

If I can't find any then I am going to make two new ones out of aluminum. seal it with a silicone and bolt it on. the first ones lasted 24 years so If I can find a set it would be a lot easier.

I can be emailed at wal1809@hughes.net
telephoned at 713 530 9182
My name is Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Looking for base for rear lights

Post by luvrbus »

Wayne, the guy in Sharon.Springs Ks Bus Service Inc has the best price on Eagle lites.
I don't have any good bases but do have plenty of lens

1-888-287-3499

He also has a web site for on line ordering

good luck
Clifford
wal1809

Post by wal1809 »

luvrbus wrote:Wayne, the guy in Sharon.Springs Ks Bus Service Inc has the best price on Eagle lites.
I don't have any good bases but do have plenty of lens

1-888-287-3499

He also has a web site for on line ordering

good luck
Clifford
Thank you Clifford I am going to get him on the telephone right now. Sorry for butchering the photo of that beautiful Eagle you have.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Just don't forget to get them on the right way this time around. Unlike our PO's, they didn't do that on either of our Eagles! :shock:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
wal1809

Post by wal1809 »

Hello Paul, That is how I found out they might be leaking. I went up there to turn them the right way and when I took them off there was water between the baas plate and the lens. the base plates were cracked as if they were 26 years old or something :lol: .

I talked to the guy that Clifford sent me to and he has 2 in the mail as we type. I also just let Harbor Freight where I bought a heat gun. I am getting that alcohol blown dragster crud off of the back.

:lol: I know you saw my mud rig. On the way home we of course had to stop at WalMart (wife can't drive by one without stopping). I was greasin ghte rear pto shaft because it happened to stop in te position I could get to the zerk. A guy walks up and reaads the back of the bus (Stardust Racing Blown Alcohol Dragster Boats) and asked where the blower was and if I really raced it in drag races? Uhh no sir was all I could say. I didn't want ot be mean to him.
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

FWIW: You can take a small diameter drill bit (I used a 1/8th) and in the middle of each lens, drill a small hole in the base and this will allow the water to escape. After some trips you would think it was a cotton-pickin' submarine for cryin' out loud.

Anywho this seemed to fix the problem.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wal1809

Post by wal1809 »

Thank you Boxcar that is good advice.