Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** GREAT NEWS ****

There is a plan in place for a new administrator who will restore and update this site.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For background information click on this thread.

The forum continues to be in low maintenance mode untill the new administrator is fully on board. The "registration" and "contact us" options are not active.

Golden Eagle for Sale

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Golden Eagle for Sale
Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:21 am

Jason D Strucinski
Franklinville, NC
1966 Silver Eagle 04
1951 GMC PD4103 (sold)

If it don't fit, you need a bigger hammer (measure twice, cut once, throw it away, make a drink, and worry about it tomorrow)
jstrucinski

Re: Golden Eagle for Sale
Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:59 am

There Has Been A lot Of Talk About This Bus On Another Site......Its Been Beat To Death.

???????????

You Decide.
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Do you have a link for the other site where this was discussed? I'm nosey. :)
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
sstrucinski

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 pm

I thought I recognized that bus. . .it was for sale in 2005 when we saw it at the Gathering at the Grand Canyon Caverns. It didn't seem like it was that much back then, but who knows. If I remember right, the siding is actually a padded vinyl--probably not for me. . .
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:56 am

Art, I thought the bus looked familiar. I remember the bus that had the vinyl "belt" around it and this looks like the bus without the vinyl.

I came across the "vinyl bus" at a rest stop on I 40 just before Gallup after the rally. I could tell that it had a problem. Turns out that the voltage had dropped below where the DDEC would operate. I tried to jump him, but I could not get the big battery bank up high enough to start. I think he was going to get a tow into Gallup.

When I talked to him, he said it was not a good trip. He knew he had an inside dual that was going low, but forgot about it. It had blown out not too long after he left the Caverns. When he stepped out of the bus, he could smell propane. The tire had taken out a propane line that someone had run through the wheel well!!! He was very lucky that the rig did not burn to the ground!

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission - not at all fancy, but fully functional
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: http://beltguy.com/blog/
Email: jim@eaglesinternational.net (Please email me rather than use the PM process)
beltguy

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:52 am

Im Sorry, Wrong Bus.

I Was Thinking Of Another Elvis Owned Bus. I Went Back And Looked Around For It...And NO Peanut Butter.........

I Was Told That Elvis Once Looked At My Bus As He Rode Down Hound Dog Street In His Pink Cadillac.... :shock: ;) :lol: :lol: I Know Its True.... Because Leroys Half Brother Tyrome's Sister In-Law Once Mentioned It To Her Baby Daddy One Muggy Mississippi Night At A Holiday Inn Off The Interstate Just Before The State Line. :shock:

Dosent That Make It Worth More Money. :D :?:

OK-Bye
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:57 am

MrBreeze wrote:
I Was Told That Elvis Once Looked At My Bus As He Rode Down Hound Dog Street In His Pink Cadillac.... :shock: ;) :lol: :lol: I Know Its True.... Because Leroys Half Brother Tyrome's Sister In-Law Once Mentioned It To Her Baby Daddy One Muggy Mississippi Night At A Holiday Inn Off The Interstate Just Before The State Line. :shock:

LOL :lol:
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
sstrucinski

Return to Eagle Mall