Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

i need a tach

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
white-eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F317690
Bus Model: 1991 Eagle Motorcoach Model 15

i need a tach

Post by white-eagle »

tachometer for my model 15 which has an 8v92t engine. i have no tachometer now, and i want to know what my rpms are when i'm going downhill at 75.

i heard running to many rpms is bad for my pocketbook and i don't want to over rev anything.

it would be nice if it matched the rest of the panel, but not necessary. however, it must be working correctly and easy to set with my engine ;) .

hints on where i can buy one if no one has one to sell are also welcome. We're still currently in florida. thanks.
Tom and Fran (Bandit RIP 10/10, 16 yrs),
91 Eagle Model 15, 8V92T, 740
Working, traveling and living in the bus.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: i need a tach

Post by luvrbus »

Tom, http://www.precisionspeed.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in Phoenix 1-800-873-1055 they have the Dixson tach to match your speedometer.
Buy one with a drive not the alternator driven one these are great people to work with for bus people they can answer questions and speak buses also.

good luck
Clifford