Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Pull down windshield screens

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Pull down windshield screens

Post by luvrbus »

Hey guys i am looking for some windshield screens, they pull down have a solid piece on on the bottom with sun screen up at the top, it has have a rail on each side has a cover on the top, covers the full width of each windshield but only about half way down. You guys know of a outlet for these I know where 3 are but Van may want to keep his it is a nice setup he has one on his drivers window also they may be knowed as sunvisors thanks
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Pull down windshield screens

Post by rusty »

Clifford The ones you are asking about sound like Eagle original equipment. Bill Pratt has some real nice ones on his bus. I think Bill visits the site. If he doesn't answer give him a call. And his are electric operated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I had them on my RTS. Not so lucky on the Eagle. The previous owner gave me something that he picked up somewhere apparently, but they look like the covers that go in the back of an Explorer to me. I don't know of an aftermarket source to get them but I want them too eventually.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Clifford,how bad do you want mine? ;)
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

These are the ones Clifford described.

Clifford if you don't have any luck buddy you can have mine OK ;) :)
I'll even mount them for you :D
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Can you take a close up shot of the guide posts??? I am looking for the replacement guide pins!!! I had asked questions about these before.
--
BILL
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Bill I will next time I go down to cliffords.are you talking about the bottom rail end pins,or the guide rods on the side of each shade.The end plugs are just that ,plugs with a loop on it that slide up and down the guide rods.
Van
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

I think they are plugs with a ring. They keep the shades connected to the guide rod. Mine are spring loaded...AND ONE OF THEM IS BROKE.
--
BILL
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hi bill ,I had one broke too , I ended up repairing the plug by smelting a piece of wire tie shaped into a ring (worked pretty good) onto the end of the plug .Mine are also spring loaded.good luck
Van 8-)
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

If I keep at it...I will find it!!!
--
BILL