Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Nice '88 Model 20 for sale

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Re: Nice '88 Model 20 for sale

Post by Boomer »

The owner, Matt sounds like a straight shooter. The bus is in southern Illinois. I have more pics if anybody is really interested. No body damage, one cracked side window. Adjustment rods look like they have never been touched.
DaveG
Bus Model: Currently do not own a bus, but I know people who do!

Post by DaveG »

Looks like the auction closed today, bidding went to about $10K...don't know the final outcome but since it didn't meet the minium it may not have sold
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I miss my 20... :cry:
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Oilslick
Bus Model: 1987 MCI-9 Sold!
1989 MCI 102A2 Sold!
1982 Eagle Model 10 Sold!
1988 Eagle Model 20 GSA Sold!
1981 Eagle Model 10 Entertainer

Post by Oilslick »

Hello All,
I am new to the board. I just recently purchased the aforementioned '88 Model 20. Great running bus! Suspension looks great and has not been touched. She's rusty in the usual places though (wheel wells and such).

Unfortunately I only made it an hour away from where I purchased her and she threw half a blade from the radiator fan. Thankfully it did not go into the radiator and I was able to remove the belt from the hydraulic pump so I could "limp" her another 180 miles into Nashville, TN to Eagle Nest Coach. A tall kitchen trash can cut longways and capped over the radiator door as a scoop is a lifesaver! It took two hours longer to get to Nashville but I made it WITHOUT a cooling fan! Temp never got above 200F. At 200F I would pull over and let her cool down for 15-20 minutes. I powered up hills and coasted down the other side. A nice thundershower 50 miles north of Nashville provided some "natural" cooling and I was able to run a decent speed to my destination. She is still there in Nashville.
Kevin B. Jones
Busless
Oilslick
Bus Model: 1987 MCI-9 Sold!
1989 MCI 102A2 Sold!
1982 Eagle Model 10 Sold!
1988 Eagle Model 20 GSA Sold!
1981 Eagle Model 10 Entertainer

Post by Oilslick »

The radiator was unharmed by the incident BUT it has so much fin rot that the shop is leary of removing it to repair the fan. They feel that it will leak after it is re-installed. I am now searching for a good used radiator OR a decently priced re-core.

I would consider selling her. LOL!

Kevin
Kevin B. Jones
Busless