Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle 01 Project

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Eagle 01 Project-Update

Post by Dreamscape »

I got an email from Vern today. It is indeed a 96" wide coach. He also let me know his bottom price, somebody is going to get one heck of a deal.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Eagle 01 Project

Post by luvrbus »

Last I heard he was going to make it a 102w no wonder he can't sell it.
If I bought it would be a 102W or a 40ft long the 96 inch wide I have seen 45 ft long look like a after thought or someone got tired.
Wonder what the turning radius is on that bus looks like he just added 5 ft in the middle.
Think it will bring 20 Paul ? he's 35 now down from 50

Clifford
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Now If You Notice.... In This NEW Auction There Is NO Mention Of Any Extra's Like... Genset Or Aqau Hot Or Anything Like That. CHECK-OUT The First Auction. Better Deal Before.

Yea, I Understand And Can See What Your Saying Clifford About The Tall Skinny And Long Look. She Might Have Went Over On Its Side At Quartzsite :lol:

I Dont Want To Dis The Man's Bus.... There Is A Ton Of Work There... But, A Ton Left To Do.

The 8-71 Might Not Be Enough Like Has Been Said. That Would Be My Guess.

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Clifford, I don't think he'll let it go for any less than 35K. It's just sad that it's waiting to get back on the road. I can hear the sobs now, please finish me, I still have some life left! :cry:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Vern in RI
FMCA #: F412892
Bus Model: Prevost XL45 1999

Post by Vern in RI »

Hi evry one ! I have finally "re registered". I am the owner of the 01 Eagle on Ebay. Giving up ? No not really. My wife and I found a Marathon Prevost at WAY below todays market.It would be crazy to say no to a series 60, 6 speed never a bus MARATHON conversion with 100K miles. My wife and I would like to pass on our good fortune, both price wise and coach wise, as the same deal we got on our new coach! We have NO RESERVATIONS about the decision we made. As some one else had comented, we just get to go traveling a lot sooner. I believe I could finish the Eagle in less that a year and a half. All the hard work is done. I am a little sad that I could not do the interior though, as cabinet making is my forte. I will continue to work on her, even though business is brisk for me. I will certainly finish the shell in the next couple months and try again. Yes, the "goodies" that I will make available to the new owners will be nothing short of spectacular ! Onan 10K quiet diesel, aquahot, trace invertors(2), Sub Zero, and a bunch more "stuff" for 10 K to go with the coach. Just passing it foward ! Yes, perhaps I can start enjoying the ralleys everyone else has been doing for years now. Yes, I will always be partial to Eagles !Yes, "I" will remain a "busnut" .Vern and Joan Rainville Cell # 1.401.265.1056
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Hello Vern And Welcome. (Again)

I Hope You Keep Your Eagle And Finish Your Dream Machine.... WOW That Looks Like A Lot Of Work !! (Work You Have Done That Is..)

I Understand About Wanting To Travel NOW, Thats Why I Bought Mine Converted. But As Much As Life Gets In The Way...I Never Seem To Beable To Do That Either ?? Well Maybe Someday Right !!

I Wish You Luck On Your Sell... (NOT).
Come-On Vern...A Prevost ??? :shock:
Just Kidding I Understand.... :?:

Tell Us More...Pleaseeeeee

Thanks.. And Again Welcome To The House Of Bus Nut Heaven..

JOHN 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Hi Vern,

Do you have bueprints, diagrams, pictures or something that you can share from the slide work you did?
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Along with what Julio asked. How about starting a project page Vern? You can include as many photos and descriptions you would like. I'm sure many of us would like to see what you've done.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Vern in RI
FMCA #: F412892
Bus Model: Prevost XL45 1999

Post by Vern in RI »

Hi every one ! A Page to show how it's done? It took me this long to figure out I was no longer a member ! Of the several phone calls and e mails I have received, the slide out certainly was the top question getter. I think the stretch was much more involved time wise, but much simplier to figure out. Raising the driver was as easy as raising the roof. To put some rumors to rest Last week and this week's Ebay ad on E bay is the first pictures I have ever posted anywhere, ever. I have owned her since 1991 No, there where never any idea's about widening her to a 102. About the torsolastics not being made, true, but there are some still out there. I know, I have a set. Smaller brakes than a model 10, can't answer that one, but possible. Under powered? When the 8V71 Turbo first came out, I think it was quite the opposite. Yes, there are more powerfull engines out there today. I would think that (some day) the series 50 or 60 will be considered "underpowered'. I do not live in the mountains, so hills are not an issue (for me). Yes, I have conversed with several Eagle nuts out there and I do remember a lot of them who are still out there. I have even met a few of them who are still posting today. Lot's of nice people out there! Do I have too much $$ into her????? Depends on how you look at it. If it where based on financial gains, I certainly would NOT have bought a bus. The experiance I have learned and come to appreciate is priceless. Back to the picture posting.........I am certainly computor challenged. I would not mind at all posting the slide out while I still have her. If some one is interested, I will, with help, post any details I can share about any part of the project. One that I have followed along the way is Gary's. What a nice piece of work!!! Yes, nice things being built sure do take time and Gary's is proof of that. Vern